Big Big Train - Pale Folklore

Chris Lira

Mar 25, 2003
Asheville, NC
Wow, unless some godly-status release hits me in the next 6 months, this will be my disc of the year, by a mile. I can't stop listening to this. So many ooooh and ahhhhh moments, beautiful music, great singing, etc. Chills.

Here's the bummer though- I've explored their prior stuff and it's just a big shrug for me. Normally half the excitement of finding a great disc is exploring the back catalog. Alas, not in this case. That's OK, as this title will get that much more play.

Chris

Yup, tried 3-4. They're OK, not bad, but none of them came even close to Folklore. LOL that I botched the title of my disc of the year. Pale Folklore is an Agalloch title, cut from a very different cloth.

Yup, tried 3-4. They're OK, not bad, but none of them came even close to Folklore. LOL that I botched the title of my disc of the year. Pale Folklore is an Agalloch title, cut from a very different cloth.

I"m surprised Ken or Sal didn"t comment on that.... If it was me they would of had a field Day with it......

I consider the English Electric discs and Underfall Yard every bit as good as Folklore. I enjoy all the older ones too, but they've definitely been on a winning streak in the last decade.