Chris Caffery confirmed to headline BWBK 6 Pack Weekend Night 1!

Having been to 3 progpowers and both BWBK I have to say that I will hold my breath to see the rest of the line up. I personally don't think Chris Caffery is headlining material and if they are indeed bring Dark Tranquility, Soilwork or any of the rumored bands I would think that they'd be much more deserving of a headlining spot than Chris.

I think that Mark and Tim and have done a great job of putting on a festival and I'm hoping that were only hearing half the story. Perhaps there's more than Just Chris playing and it hasn't been announced.

Either way Im going to try like hell to attend and support the festival regardless of the bands. How often do we have the opportunity to watch 14 quality bands in one weekend? Not many.

Originally Posted by TheGraveDigger
Apparently Mnemic, Hypocrisy, Soilwork, and Dark Tranquility will be part of the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles 6 Pack weekend.

Yet another bad move. IMHO, it's a bad idea to have an entire tour bill show up at your fest, if you expect to have a lot of people travel to your fest. I, like many others who will consider attending this festival, will have already seen this tour before it hits Cleveland. This is one of the reasons, or at least so I've surmised, that Glenn has always stayed away from doing this.

The flip side of this is logistically and financially BWBK won't take a big hit since the bands are already in the USA and touring. That's free's up a lot of cash to bring over some big bands for saturday (Here's to wishing)... Yeah, there's the risk of fans seeing the tour in thier hometown, but if they can somehow manage to bring in 5-6 really good bands I'd be willing to travel and spend the extra $50 or more to see another 10 bands.

Disregarding the potential tour conflict, I think Dark Tranquillity is headlining material IMO...they've been around for over a decade, continue to get great reviews for their albums unlike many melodic death acts, and have built a reputation as a solid live act.

Demonspell said:
Disregarding the potential tour conflict, I think Dark Tranquillity is headlining material IMO...they've been around for over a decade, continue to get great reviews for their albums unlike many melodic death acts, and have built a reputation as a solid live act.
Couldn't agree more. There's now way Cafferty should headline over DT.

Zod

I for one think it is great that CC is headlining! He is a fabulous performer and a very underrated guitarist. He will tear down the place...and with the amount of people he knows in the music industry, there is no telling who he we bring with him. I think people will be pleasently surprised. :hotjump:

As for last year...Primal Fear destroyed the place...Flots thrashed us hard...Doro proved she is the reigning Metal Queen...Shok Paris was awesome...Brainstorm surprised us...Metal Church was great...I thought it was a great show! :headbang:

On one hand, I don't think it's right for an act to headline after releasing one cd, but on the other, he's been playing for a long time, and he can easily grab some familiar stuff out of the past. BWBK isn't close to touching PP though.

It may be beating a dead horse, but as for Rage, those of you who left missed out on what was probably the most talented band of the show. I know solos aren't for everyone, but maybe it balances out with their no-nonsense songwriting. Personally, I couldn't keep myself interested in all of PoS's set. But I'm rambling.

Last year's BW&BK was great. Primal Fear, Grave Digger, Brainstorm, Doro, Seven Witches. That is first rate if you ask me. Great stuff. I don't think Cafferey should be headlining though. Probably won't be going this year. Later.

\m/

The bottom line is this: Just like with PP, European bands often play an earlier slot to secure travel plans. Just because Chris C gets a "headline" position doesn't mean that he will be regarded as the "headliner" by attendees. Like some have said, it's 1 name. I've seen Dark Tranquility listed too and that's fucking awesome. Throw in the Soilwork, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic tour mates and you have 1 night signed sealed and delivered.

Another point: BWBK announced Pete Way acoustic a couple of years ago and everyone's like "Pete Way, WTF???". He kicked ass. He was available to talk, he signed, he performed very well. It was a blast. Same with Crimson Glory this past year. To me, these "left field" choices often enhance the idea because Glen brings all the heavy hitters and both parties have said that they want to keep the competition factor down. Therefore, it's the perfect counterpart to PP.

Finally: Last years card was weak? Primal Fear, Brainstorm, Grave Digger, Elegy, Doro, Metal Church, Flotsam and Jetsam, Lilitu.....weak? Look, you may not be a german metal fan, but just to get Brainstorm and Grave Digger to debut in the USA was a coup IMO. Give some respect for that at least. Last Year's PP was a lot of repeats, albeit good repeats. I think BWBK gave us something totally different and they delivered even if tix were not up to par. Put PP with BWBK and add Chicago now and we're living the good life here (finally) and there are a lot of people who don't see the forest for the trees. Wake up before you miss it.

1metal1 said:
The bottom line is this: Just like with PP, European bands often play an earlier slot to secure travel plans. Just because Chris C gets a "headline" position doesn't mean that he will be regarded as the "headliner" by attendees. Like some have said, it's 1 name. I've seen Dark Tranquility listed too and that's fucking awesome. Throw in the Soilwork, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic tour mates and you have 1 night signed sealed and delivered.

Another point: BWBK announced Pete Way acoustic a couple of years ago and everyone's like "Pete Way, WTF???". He kicked ass. He was available to talk, he signed, he performed very well. It was a blast. Same with Crimson Glory this past year. To me, these "left field" choices often enhance the idea because Glen brings all the heavy hitters and both parties have said that they want to keep the competition factor down. Therefore, it's the perfect counterpart to PP.

Finally: Last years card was weak? Primal Fear, Brainstorm, Grave Digger, Elegy, Doro, Metal Church, Flotsam and Jetsam, Lilitu.....weak? Look, you may not be a german metal fan, but just to get Brainstorm and Grave Digger to debut in the USA was a coup IMO. Give some respect for that at least. Last Year's PP was a lot of repeats, albeit good repeats. I think BWBK gave us something totally different and they delivered even if tix were not up to par. Put PP with BWBK and add Chicago now and we're living the good life here (finally) and there are a lot of people who don't see the forest for the trees. Wake up before you miss it.
Very well said, I couldn't agree more. Just one thing... Elegy played the first BWBK not last years. I can't believe some have said that last year's was weak. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but like you said Brainstorm and Grave Digger's debut was impressive as hell. Upon hearing Grave Digger was signed I did not need to know the rest of the line up I was there. Grave Digger and Brainstorm are my highlites of concerts last year aside from seeing Edguy and Tad Morose and of course Nightwish in New York City but at the end of the day Grave Digger sits on the very top of last years mountain of concerts.