Crimson Glory is baaaaacccccccckkkk!

Joe-× said:
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
OK. You were drunk. You're excused. :err: :Spin: :headbang: :)

Let's just say that he should change his name to Noon because he's only halfway there these days. OK. I'm being too generous. Can't always be a fuckhead. :D :D

OK. So the reissue is a cool gimmick. Not everyone was smart enough to buy the Dreamdancer single back in the day. Maybe their package will include a poofy shirt also. Surely there are bars in Tampa that could host the big reunion show.

Joe

Got to say Joe, I am befuddled. I have no idea what the hell your talking about with the exhibits? Oh well who knows whats going on in Joe's world o_O

Bear

I'll believe it when I see it. And if I do, I will be very happy.

Sometime last week I read a BWBK thread (interview excerpt) in which Midnight says he would never tour with the band again.

If I remember correctly, Midnight was originally scheduled to do vox for Astronimica but after about 5 songs were written, he had to be dropped because of continuing substance abuse problems. So, I'm pretty sure some of the "new" songs with Midnight were actually recorded some time ago, including the Astronomica tracks with Midnight on vox. Nothing I've read indicates that Midnight will actually record new material with CG in 2006 or anytime in the future. All new realeases are just re-issues and previously unreleased material. That said, I'll buy them all. I'm a huge CG fan and am hoping for the best, but I don't ever expect the classic lineup to record or perform again. Personal problems aside, Midnight's current interests in music seem worlds apart from anything resembling classic CG.

Bear said:
Got to say Joe, I am befuddled. I have no idea what the hell your talking about with the exhibits? Oh well who knows whats going on in Joe's world
It was just a harmless joke, bro.

Basically you said "... why not ...". (Exhibit B quoted from this thread) I thought "well - because he sucked during that Kamelot set." And then I wondered why you didn't also think he sucked. And then I remembered your posting from the predictions thread where you said that you planned on being drunk (Exhibit A). I was basically making a joke that you were too drunk to realize that he sounded awful. Doesn't explain Pellaz, though. Maybe I'm the only one who thought his voice was totally shot. From what I heard of his solo album, I'm sticking with my assessment.

No harm intended.

Joe

Petethedrummer said:
He didn't sound horrible, he was just..disoriented and didn't know where to come in during Kamelot's set, or which song to sing on =)
There was some confusion at first whether he was doing it at all. He thought it had been scrapped. Then he didn't know when or which song and on and on. Wouldn't use that as a meter for how well he can sing. Now how was the early morning performance? Missed it by like 30 min. :erk:

BenMech said:
So, Black Lotus and the band are IGNORING Strange and Beautiful, ehh??
They are attempting to cash in with the remaining 3000 people on the planet who know anything about Crimson Glory. 2950 of them hated Strange and Beautiful. It's just business.

Joe

Joe-× said:
They are attempting to cash in with the remaining 3000 people on the planet who know anything about Crimson Glory. 2950 of them hated Strange and Beautiful. It's just business.

Joe

Count me in that 50 people that loved that album...still do!

Granted, it wasn't your "classic" CG sound...but I loved the vibe and songs on that album...kinda reminded me of modernized Zep.

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
Count me in that 50 people that loved that album...still do!

Granted, it wasn't your "classic" CG sound...but I loved the vibe and songs on that album...kinda reminded me of modernized Zep.

Rock on!
It is a good album. I think the problem, most had with it, is people were expecting Transcendence Part II. Then CG delivers an album that was a departure from the Transcendence sound, and threw people a curve ball.

Joe-&#215 said:
I was basically making a joke that you were too drunk to realize that he sounded awful. Doesn't explain Pellaz, though. Maybe I'm the only one who thought his voice was totally shot.

Uh, were you there, at ProgPower 5.1?

6am on Sunday morning, on the patio of the Fairfield Inn?

Pellaz said:

Other than the fact that I actuallually was with a female(which made the night more memorable)
i thought Midnight was incredible(especially his acoustic version of Reflections Lost(I think thats what its called,I'm too drunk to remember the title)

Didn't Crimson Glory announce the plans to record a new album with the original lineup back in March? It's on their website. That's when the box set was announced, too. The reissues and the DVD are news to me. As much as I hate buying albums again just to have a few extra songs, I'm a sucker. You can count me as one of the fifty people who liked "Strange And Beautiful." I do agree with the Led Zeppelin comparison, and I can't see how anybody would deny that at least the title track and "Starchamber" aren't within the vein of classic Crimson Glory. I dare say that this is one of the few bands for whom I'd trade both testicles to see live. Glenn, the offer's on the table: a pair of younger nuts for Crimson Glory. If that's not a sponsorship, I don't know what is.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Pellaz said:

Nope. Post a bootleg. I'm always ready to hear something good.

Joe

I realllly wish I had one. (I bought my new digital camera exactly one year too late.)

Two videos were taken of at least part of the festivities, but Midnight asked them not to distribute the footage on the Net, and AFAIK his request has been honored. One of the camcorders was Into Eternity's...who get the Latest Band Hanging Out Award for PPUSA that year. \m/

Met-Al said:
Didn't Crimson Glory announce the plans to record a new album with the original lineup back in March? It's on their website.

Yep, which is why I was suprised about all the hoopla on this thread. I was excited back in March, but I'm not excited this time around. Nothing has changed.

The Fiddler said:
Yep, which is why I was suprised about all the hoopla on this thread. I was excited back in March, but I'm not excited this time around. Nothing has changed.

From what I read they said they had no idea that Midnight would be taking part and didn't have a vocalist, or something to that effect. This is different that confirming that Midnight will be taking part. Right?

Bear

NP: Forbidden - Infinite

Joe-&#215 said:
It was just a harmless joke, bro.

Basically you said "... why not ...". (Exhibit B quoted from this thread) I thought "well - because he sucked during that Kamelot set." And then I wondered why you didn't also think he sucked. And then I remembered your posting from the predictions thread where you said that you planned on being drunk (Exhibit A). I was basically making a joke that you were too drunk to realize that he sounded awful. Doesn't explain Pellaz, though. Maybe I'm the only one who thought his voice was totally shot. From what I heard of his solo album, I'm sticking with my assessment.

No harm intended.

Joe

I'm with you Joe. Not only was Midnight's display piss-poor. But I almost choked I was laughing so hard. The man gets the spotlight, and just totally bombs! If we were to do a list of top 10 funniest stage moments in PP history, I would put Midnight at #1. Absolutely hilarious!!! After his display, I dont think I'll ever hear his name without laughing my ass off...which I'm currently doing and will continue to do for at least another 10-15 minutes. Thanks for all the laughs Midnight!