Crown the Lost

Hmmm. A small band. Only a couple songs on their myspace. But they have an Iron Maiden/Dio -- with a kick of thrash. Definitely worth listening to.

http://www.myspace.com/crownthelostmetal

I still wonder why the middle east of the US (Pittsburgh, NJ, etc) is such a metal factory.

Good point, why is that? Maybe it's like Manchester England an old steel town - Preist et al. You know the north has always been a seat of industry. And it's cold, no one goes anywhere during the winter. So everyone hangs out at their local bar etc, so bands tend to breed around the venues. Just a theory.
I'll check out Crown the Lost.

I still wonder why the middle east of the US (Pittsburgh, NJ, etc) is such a metal factory.

It's definitely got something to do with the steel culture here. Also, Pittsburgh is an old town, which I think contributes as well (i.e., metal is still popular in certain circles, even though all of the great metal venues that we once had here have shut down. If a Pittsburgher wants to see a good metal show, he typically has to go to Cleveland.

Glad to hear Crown the Lost finally found a vocalist. I know they'd been hunting for one for quite a while. Good stuff.

-j