Edguy + Tobias Sammet

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Edguy are my favorite band right now - I thought Vain Glory Opera was great, and then Theatre of Pain blew me away (although it took me a few listens), but Mandrake is just their best IMO.

To add, Tobias Sammet's Avantasia is easily one of the best metal albums I have EVER heard, and cannot wait for Avantasia II this August. I think the cast of Oliver Hartman, Kai Hansen, Timmo Tolki, Michael Kiske, David DeFreis etc just added to it's superiority of being a power metal work of art.

I recently just got Savage Poetry and Kingdom of Madness...haven't heard them yet :)

IMO, where Iron Maiden and Helloween faded out, Edguy picked up and continue to hold that torch.

Has anyone visited them on tour last year?I wanted to (just because of Heavenly),but had no time :cry:
i only know Mandrake in the edit version,but I like it and will listen to other songs of Edguy as soon as possible

I think Edguy is good too, one of my favorite Power Metal bands. I've seen them on tour last year, together with Nostradameus, Heavenly and Lullacry. Unfortunately Heavenly couldn't play because their singer was ill. Anyway, Edguy were just GREAT!

Originally posted by Soulburner
@ JayKeeley: They don't have album "Theater of pain" hehehe

Great band... I like all their albums, some more, some less.. but all have some good songs...

D'oh! Of course I meant to say Girls Girls Girls, heh heh. Theatre of Salvation is indeed a classic power metal album. :)

Don't think that Avantasia is SO great though... there are some catchy melodies, but I listen to this album mainly because of participacion of Hansen, Matos and DeFeis...

I think its a masterpiece - there are such few CDs IMO which I can listen to from beginning to end without interruption.

I agree with the 'supporting cast' but lets not forget Henjo Richter - sinfully underrated guitar genius playing all his odes out to Blackmore and May.

August 26th is the official release date for Avantasia II.

I'm flying out to see Edguy at ProgPowerUSA in November (they're playing the same night as Gamma Ray) so we're hoping for some key appearances from Henjo and Kai during any of the new songs...

PPUSA could be one of the best line ups ever for power: Edguy, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, and Angra - the big four. :)

I like Edguy - I like them a lot...but are they a christian metal band out of interest? It's not that they overtly sing about God and stuff, but 90% of their music is based around Christianity and the church....not sure if that qualifies them to be a Christian metal band...?

I love Edguy and have been a fan for awhile now! I've got all the cd's EXEPT Kingdom.. ( I'm waiting to get it in the mail)...... I also like Avantasia! But, it's not coming out here in the states until october ( or something like that), Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

Originally posted by oceanqueen44
I love Edguy and have been a fan for awhile now! I've got all the cd's EXEPT Kingdom.. ( I'm waiting to get it in the mail)...... I also like Avantasia! But, it's not coming out here in the states until october ( or something like that), Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

We get here in Australia on August 26th.:D