Effloresce

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
For all you fans of Female fronted bands:.
simular to D/T---P/T & Opeth & Growling:puke:

Effloresce----Coma Ghost""

:confused:

Ken ,can you honestly explain to me the purpose of Growling on cds, ?/

Do you care for that???

:rolleyes: Some of us find it entertaining. Isn't the purpose of music, to entertain us? I don't understand the purpose of country music and really dislike it. :puke: So, I don't listen to it. If you don't like growls in music then don't listen to it. Problem solved. :popcorn:

95006115_048e99227b_o.jpg

I can understand people not liking growls (and I would never make someone listen to it in my car, in my house, etc. if they don't), but it really irks me when people think that music with growling or screaming at all is completely without artistic merit.

I'm not sure if this is your opinion Bob, but I take my music pretty seriously and it's a sensitive subject. It just seems like too many people will completely disregard something and claim it as worthless if there are growls and I take it almost as an insult.

Personally I prefer a solid mix of clean vocals and growls/screams like Mercenary and Scar Symmetry. It can really add diversity to the music.

Also something to consider is a guy like Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) is an extremely talented musician and seems practically obsessed with 70s prog, yet he goes and creates one of the best and most recognized death metal bands in the world.

Sorry if this seemed a little defensive...like I said, sensitive subject :(

I can understand people not liking growls (and I would never make someone listen to it in my car, in my house, etc. if they don't), but it really irks me when people think that music with growling or screaming at all is completely without artistic merit.

I'm not sure if this is your opinion Bob, but I take my music pretty seriously and it's a sensitive subject. It just seems like too many people will completely disregard something and claim it as worthless if there are growls and I take it almost as an insult.

Personally I prefer a solid mix of clean vocals and growls/screams like Mercenary and Scar Symmetry. It can really add diversity to the music.

Also something to consider is a guy like Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) is an extremely talented musician and seems practically obsessed with 70s prog, yet he goes and creates one of the best and most recognized death metal bands in the world.

100% in agreement. :kickass: To the anti-growlers stop whining. :cry:

Well said! For me, it's a matter of the mood I'm in and how the gowls work with the music as in the case of Opeth. :wave:

Then maybe you should move next to a Zoo, so you can listen to the ""Lions & Tigers & Bears) ""Oh My"" Growl all day & Night...:Spin::wave:;):loco::kickass::danceboy:( to each his own)

My Ex Wife Did A Lot of Growling when The Judge gave me Full custody of my 3 kids at my Divourse in 1993.....

Don't like growling but I love Agalloch's The Mantle and Green Carnation Light of Day Day of Darkness so you can't rule them all out without giving them a chance.