Enchant at ROSfest 06!!

jjmannford

Sep 17, 2002
Lutherville, MD
Visit site
Mare has been leading the charge to get Enchant to play at ROSfest 2006, and I have been adding my $.02 in the forum. If you don't know, ROSfest is a prog festival at the end of April in Phoenixville, PA (near Philly). Whereas Enchant did not really fit the profile of what the typical Nearfest, 10 minute mellotron solo, fan wanted to hear, ROSfest is a better fit because they cater towards more heavier, melodic, newer bands. For example, Arena was the headliner on Friday this year and Jadis was the Sat headliner last year, and they both were well received. For all of us East Coasters, this would be a perfect opp to see them, so PLEASE join the forum

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosfest/

and pub Enchant. Come on let them all know that Enchant is da shit and they will own ROSfest 2006 if they get the opportunity to play. Here is this ROSfest website

http://www.rosfest.com/

Thanks
Jim

Jimmy B you rock man. And big time thanks Mare to you and Dave as well for doing this. We really appreciate the efforts.

It sure would make an East Coast swing a lot easier, and we would get to see a whole bunch of good friends and family.

We are actually talking to the people in Baja about that one as well. And Progpower 2006 would also really would be cool. Thanks to Mare and Dave for leading the Charge there as well, and Dave ( Burke ) Fausel too! you rock bro.

The more everyone posts on the these sites and forums the better! Thanks everyone for the support.

We may have some news pretty soon regarding some US dates on the West Coast as well. Hopefully, we will have to wait and see if it all pans out!

In the meantime we have some work to do.

Thanks again from all of the band

ebass said:
And Progpower 2006 would also really would be cool

You ain't kidding. If there's anything I can do to help get Enchant at PPUSA, someone better let me know. I know individuals can financially sponsor bands, which I assume helps Glenn make up his mind. I don't know what it takes, but I'd be willing to contribute a hundred or two to a consortium of sponsors if it guarantees they'll be there.

Congrats on the ROSfest gig.

-matt
np: James Labrie - Elements of Persuasion

DT Jesus said:
You ain't kidding. If there's anything I can do to help get Enchant at PPUSA, someone better let me know. I know individuals can financially sponsor bands, which I assume helps Glenn make up his mind. I don't know what it takes, but I'd be willing to contribute a hundred or two to a consortium of sponsors if it guarantees they'll be there.

Congrats on the ROSfest gig.

-matt
np: James Labrie - Elements of Persuasion

I don;t get on this forum half as much as I used to... :yell:

YES, the lynchpin seems to be getting Glenn to agree - I already had the idea to have a 'consortium' of people who could throw in some cash is sponsorship was the way to go - good to know there is someone else out there who would be on that bandwagon! :headbang:

ebass said:
Jimmy B you rock man. And big time thanks Mare to you and Dave as well for doing this. We really appreciate the efforts.

It sure would make an East Coast swing a lot easier, and we would get to see a whole bunch of good friends and family.

We are actually talking to the people in Baja about that one as well. And Progpower 2006 would also really would be cool. Thanks to Mare and Dave for leading the Charge there as well, and Dave ( Burke ) Fausel too! you rock bro.

The more everyone posts on the these sites and forums the better! Thanks everyone for the support.

We may have some news pretty soon regarding some US dates on the West Coast as well. Hopefully, we will have to wait and see if it all pans out!

In the meantime we have some work to do.

Thanks again from all of the band

A big time "You're Welcome!" back at you!

We (hubby Dave and I) tried really hard to get Enchant at PP VI this year but it didn't materialize. We will definitely go for it again next year, but if there are others that are (truly) interested in (financially) sponsoring Enchant please let me know and I'll give you the scoop. We are sponsors of Conception this year and we also sponsored Adagio last year. However, this is one thing that is NOT "all about the money".

ROSFest would be a killer venue as well, and it's cool to see so many other people on the ROSFest Yahoo group supporting Enchant. Keep it coming! The more posts the merrier, so get out and vote!

As for the West Coast dates, woooo hoooo! Can't wait for the details!

Cheers!!!

A bit off-topic:
What does it take to make a band tour? They need a promoter who guarantees them something, e.g. covering the expenses for flight, hotel or whatever. Right?
I'm asking because some other America-based prog band wants to tour Germany and is asking me for help. Is there a way for me to help (and I'm not talking about giving money, because I don't have any ;) )?

Any ideas??

Recently I've been involved in the organization of Ron Thal's (aka Bumblefoot) gig so I think I can answer your question Jurgen.
Obviously it takes all the things you mentioned in your post. But it also takes a tour manager to make things clear like interviews/promo stuff while you're on tour. Also other things like catering, people for the merchandise stand and so on. One of the main thing to do is to promote the show so you need flyers, posters, spreading the word on the Web through mailing list and message boards. And most importantly stay cool because being in an organization staff requires a lot of self control.
For the funny story : last march we set up Bumblefoot's show in Paris. Everything was done within a month : we had the venue booked on feb 4th for a gig planned on march 11th. going to concerts and giving flyers giving posters to music dealers and cd stores and a good dose of web-spreading …*the gig was sold out within 3 weeks (450 including 30 guests) ;) Wish you the same

mgirishfan said:
if there are others that are (truly) interested in (financially) sponsoring Enchant please let me know and I'll give you the scoop

I need the scoop. I'm skipping PPUSA this year, and would love the chance to help bring Enchant to 2006's PPUSA VII (I seem to be on an every-other-year PPUSA schedule, lol).

If you want to take our conversation off the board, email me at matty2112@hotmail.com ... thanks!

-matt

Joel

Whats up man. Hey lean on those boys baby. Hows the leg man.

I saw your album and pics for the ROSfest party, it sure looked like a great time. Especially the pics with Jowitt, I about fell over when I saw those, you know the ones I am talking about, precious. He is a saucey one aint he. Hopefully he is back with someone somehow in 06. That would get us back there for sure. And then there would be some serious madness.

Seriously we would love it, sounds like a great one, lots of really great people and good FUN. We are down for it. Hell we will even bring a few mellotrons if need be :) or maybe not :0 maybe just the party. George will remember Nearfest.

Hey really thanks and if we do somehow make it down for Calprog we will kick down some Sierra for sure, it may be tough this year with everything going on. If I make it down it would be for the hang and great people running this like you and Papa and his amazing family and friends. The best!

Good to see you here my friend. Talk to you soon.

Ed

e Enchant at Rosfest...I may have to "lean" on George and Tom a bit ;-)

Are any of you guys going to be hangin' at CalProg this year? If so, the first round of Sierra Nevada's are on me!

Joel[/QUOTE]

I'll have a talk with George about this. You guys should most definitely play there.

IS there a west coast tour in the works? If so please let me know. Perhaps you could do a CalProg night in OC? We'd love to have you!

Can I help? What can I do to make this happen?

You know how I've been bitchin' for 2 years about an East Coast swing. Plus, I've been singing the praises of Enchant on my RUSH boards....

Mare - let me know, k?

I wonder if the Midwest might also be a possibility as well. Chicago or Milwaukee if not my hometown of Minneapolis. I'm seeing the Marillion trio "Los Marillios Trios" in Chicago in a few weeks. There is most definitely a fanbase out here for Enchant.

Kyle