EPICA: The Holographic Principle

Listening to the new release and my first impression is in a year of really strong releases this is potentially album of the year in my book. Wow stunning.

I agree, this is a super strong album. They may have stagnated a little with Requiem, but the last two have been a huge step forward for me. This will likely be in my top 5 at the end of the year.

Reactions: zinescene
Just one listen through and I agree that this is an amazing piece of songwriting and performance. Going to see them at the end of November and looking forward to it even more after this! Definitely one of the top Epica albums IMHO and potentially one of my favorite albums of the year.

Reactions: zinescene
Just got this one and WOW !!!!! I had to scroll through 3 pages to find the original post, which tells me that lots of people are excluding this one from their lists...... I actually declared that after Retrospect, that I had enough of Epica and I had all I needed. Wrong !!!! This is absolutely monstrous......some of their best writing I'll declare, and who knew that they had THIS in them ? I haven't even gotten to the added bonus acoustic disc yet, I'm starting the main disc over again and jumping for joy that a band like this could come out and smoke the hell out of me once again......man this is bad ass.

Just got this one and WOW !!!!! I had to scroll through 3 pages to find the original post, which tells me that lots of people are excluding this one from their lists...... I actually declared that after Retrospect, that I had enough of Epica and I had all I needed. Wrong !!!! This is absolutely monstrous......some of their best writing I'll declare, and who knew that they had THIS in them ? I haven't even gotten to the added bonus acoustic disc yet, I'm starting the main disc over again and jumping for joy that a band like this could come out and smoke the hell out of me once again......man this is bad ass.

This is far and away my number one disc of the year so far followed by Devin Townsend. I did a review for my blog and send it to Metalhead forever magazine but they haven't published it yet I'll post the link to my review later

Edit: Here's the Link http://johnridgemusicblog.blogspot.com/2016/10/epica-holographic-principle-2016.html

Last edited:
EPICA's MARK JANSEN: 'I Always Write Music Whenever I Feel Inspired'

EPICA ACTION FIGURES AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

"We recently launched a pre-order for Epica action figures on a 1:26 scale. Get the whole set of action figures at a reasonable price. A perfect Christmas gift! They are available from EpicaWebshop.com."

The action figures will be shipped on / by December 12th.

EpicaActionFigures.jpg

Last edited:
EPICA ANNOUNCE THE ULTIMATE PRINCIPLE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH LACUNA COIL, INSOMNIUM AND ELANTRIS

epicatournewapril.jpg

August
31 - Royale - Boston, MA

September
1 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC
2 - Imperial Theater - Quebec City, QC
3 - Opera House - Toronto, ON
5 - The Agora - Theatre Cleveland, OH
6 - The Forge - Joliet, IL
8 - Ogden - Theatre Denver, CO
9 - The Complex - Salt Lake City, UT
11 - The Showbox - Seattle, WA