Evergrey - Torn

Apr 3, 2004
Nashville, TN
hey gang,

i picked this cd up 2 weeks ago and have listened to it non-stop since i bought it. i have to say that i am really liking this cd. is it the old evergrey - i don't think so but i will say it is back to the dark depressing style that i love from them. Tom's vocals are amazing on this one. I am glad to hear that melodic, anguished sound come back. i have to admit that i really love the crunch factor on this one. Plenty of crunch to keep me coming back for more. I had heard that this album was a return to ISOT and RD and I have to disagree with that statement. I would say this is more like IC but with more crunch.

What i miss the most is the drumming of Patrick( don't know last name). I feel that since he has left, evergrey has become a different band. Not that this is a bad thing, i just prefer the sound and aggression they have when they had Patrick on the skins. What i find strange is that Jonas can play the older stuff live just like Patrick but on cd he has a style of his own and it is not as aggressive as patrick. Just my thoughts.

I have to say that i enjoy this cd and am very happy with it. This is not my favorite of theirs but I am on the bandwagon of the ones who like this new one. Here is my rank of Evergrey.

1. ISOT - Classic for me and still gets spins.
2. DST - Another great album, production is not too hot but great songs.
3. RD - This is the guitar album.
4. Torn - Very good Album
5. IC - Good but not my favorite
6. TDD - Don't listen to this one much b/c of the production
7. MMA - Don't like this one at all.

Would love to hear yoru thoughts.

Thank you,

Brand