Feeling pathetic, dissapointed and egocentric

Nosferatu6

Feb 12, 2002
www.evergrey.net
Hail all

I just feel the need to write something about the last days in the life of Evergrey.

Monday morning we got the long awaited phonecall from our manager Edward who for the 2 last months have tried to land us a opening act slot for one of the worlds most known artists.
The tour would only consist of 5 dates in Scandinavia with one gig every other day in arenas that takes in between 13000 -16000 spectators.
The opening act slot was offered to us and three other bands in Scandinavia and we were of course sure of not getting it, seeing that the other bands were more mainstream than us, but it would all be up to the management of the headliner.
So Monday morning all of us in the band except Michael were sitting in our studio having coffe while talking about different song structures for the upcoming album when the phone rang , I saw in the display that it was Edward , I picked up and just awaited the bad news but as soon as he opened his mouth I heard that he was all excited -WE GOT IT - he said and I screamed the same on the top of my lungs to my fellow band mates and everything was like hitting the jackpot on the lottery.
We walked around in bliss for the rest of the day and called our endorsers and sponsors making them give us more stuff since we were now doing this high profile tour, everyone all of a sudden treated us with the biggest respect and I think we could have gotten everything we wanted at that point , at least it felt like it : ) .
We planned the crew the bus and a film crew to film one of the shows in The Globe Arena in Stockholm ( about 16000 seats ) for an upcoming DVD.
The cool thing about this thing was that we were the ONLY band to open, Special Guests !
So that night I went to bed and the last thing I thought of was of course the tour and what it would surely have meant to us , the first thing I thought of when I woke up the next morning was of course the same thing.
So I went to pics up Henrik in the morning to go to the studio and I have never ever seen him so awake at that time in the morning , he sat down and we immediately started to talk about the tour and that we could not believe it and that it felt to good to be true , in the same breath the phone rang and it was Michael, he only said - This will ruin your day , there has been an accident and the tour is cancelled !
I could not believe what I just heard so I called someone to check the news and of course it was all true ....
It felt like , have you ever have dreamed that you won a million dollars just to wake up and find out its not there but still having the feeling of being filthy rich.
So of course this sounds like a hell of a lot of complaining and people might think -be glad for what you have and so on .. and I am ..and I am not looking for pity , merely writing what I had to get out , life goes on

So to Ozzy and the Osbourne Family .
Hope that you will recover soon.

all the best
Tom / Evergrey

Nosferatu6 said:
Hail all

I just feel the need to write something about the last days in the life of Evergrey.

Monday morning we got the long awaited phonecall from our manager Edward who for the 2 last months have tried to land us a opening act slot for one of the worlds most known artists.
The tour would only consist of 5 dates in Scandinavia with one gig every other day in arenas that takes in between 13000 -16000 spectators.
The opening act slot was offered to us and three other bands in Scandinavia and we were of course sure of not getting it, seeing that the other bands were more mainstream than us, but it would all be up to the management of the headliner.
So Monday morning all of us in the band except Michael were sitting in our studio having coffe while talking about different song structures for the upcoming album when the phone rang , I saw in the display that it was Edward , I picked up and just awaited the bad news but as soon as he opened his mouth I heard that he was all excited -WE GOT IT - he said and I screamed the same on the top of my lungs to my fellow band mates and everything was like hitting the jackpot on the lottery.
We walked around in bliss for the rest of the day and called our endorsers and sponsors making them give us more stuff since we were now doing this high profile tour, everyone all of a sudden treated us with the biggest respect and I think we could have gotten everything we wanted at that point , at least it felt like it : ) .
We planned the crew the bus and a film crew to film one of the shows in The Globe Arena in Stockholm ( about 16000 seats ) for an upcoming DVD.
The cool thing about this thing was that we were the ONLY band to open, Special Guests !
So that night I went to bed and the last thing I thought of was of course the tour and what it would surely have meant to us , the first thing I thought of when I woke up the next morning was of course the same thing.
So I went to pics up Henrik in the morning to go to the studio and I have never ever seen him so awake at that time in the morning , he sat down and we immediately started to talk about the tour and that we could not believe it and that it felt to good to be true , in the same breath the phone rang and it was Michael, he only said - This will ruin your day , there has been an accident and the tour is cancelled !
I could not believe what I just heard so I called someone to check the news and of course it was all true ....
It felt like , have you ever have dreamed that you won a million dollars just to wake up and find out its not there but still having the feeling of being filthy rich.
So of course this sounds like a hell of a lot of complaining and people might think -be glad for what you have and so on .. and I am ..and I am not looking for pity , merely writing what I had to get out , life goes on

all the best
Tom / Evergrey
Wow Tom, that really does suck. All I can say is keep your heads up as you guys are a phenomenol band and I am grateful to have seen you a few times at PP and in New York. The opportunity will present itself once again in the future, and there will be no stopping you guys. Hey, you guys already took one step in the right direction (arguably) by getting your video played on MTV.

Sorry to hear the bad news.....Other bigtime acts will be heading to Europe in 2004 and I can only suggest trying to get on their bills.

Dream Theater, Rush, and Metallica are the first three that come to mind.

Tour or no tour... you're still making some of the most unique and great music out there at the moment. Keep up the good work! Hope to see you back in the USA before PP6 ;)

- DRFSR

Nosferatu6 said:
Hail all

Okay, when I read this sentence, I read it as "Evergrey is no more" and freaked out. That would have been terrible news indeed!

So, I kept reading....

(...)
when the phone rang , I saw in the display that it was Edward , I picked up and just awaited the bad news but as soon as he opened his mouth I heard that he was all excited -WE GOT IT - he said and I screamed the same on the top of my lungs to my fellow band mates and everything was like hitting the jackpot on the lottery.
...so by now I'm wondering "Well, it doesn't sound too bad SO far....hell, this sounds like great news!"

(...)
Man, that's a rough break, but as it was an injury, it's out of anyone's hands -- and Evergrey is far too good a band not to get other offers...maybe not quite as cool, but offers nonetheless.

Now, with your first sentence still emblazoned in my mind, I'm still expecting the worst out of this post.....

What? That's it? No dire news of a band breakup or anything? *whew* !

The tour cancelling -is- a tough break, Tom, but....I'm feeling oddly relieved after finishing your post. :D

Everything happens for a reason . Maybe its for the best.

You guys should do a tour w/ Symphony X. That would be the sickest show ever. Give each band 2 hours - it'd be phenomenal!

Oh well - just dreaming.

Well - glad to see your on MTV getting some mainstream exposure. Hopefuilly it will be a good step for ALL of Metal/Prog - not just Evergrey.

Come to Connecticut! WHEE! Peace. later.

Holy crap! That really does suck. When I first started reading it, I thought he was announcing a band break up also and I was about to cry. At least you know you WOULD have had the slot. So next time around ... your name is out there. You know? Sorry for the bad news :(

SoNofBitcH said:
no blopeth would rather choose devildriver. fucking idiots. and it was THE BAND's decision

yeah, i kinda was considering going to that show to see Moonspell, but i don't want to pay for just them. I'd have to try to ignore devildriver and there's no way i'm sitting (well, standing) through another Opeth set... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Ryan

Well, I'm sure the Ozzy people will concider you again once he gets better and goes on tour again. Don't worry, even if not, there'll be other opportunities. Best of Luck.

Demonspell said:
Damn, Evergrey and Opeth on the same tour would have been fucking incredible.
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes........!

Oh, well, looking forward to seeing Opeth (again, hell yea) and Moonspell (first time). We're already getting a lot of calls about the show at WREKage ( http://www.wrekage.org ) since the Feb. 13th date was finalized. \m/

DevilDriver doesn't do too much for me either, though.