Final Round: Best Song

Final Round: Best Song

• Total voters
Hey Guys,

Looks like the Moor wants to retain his championship ... :worship:

This being said, PLEASE USE THE VOTING BUTTONS for your votes since those are the one which will determine the winner. :Smokin:

I'm not counting the "write in votes". You have until Monday, October 11th at 10h00pm Eastern Daylight Saving Time to submit your vote and contribute to crown the King of Kings.

Cheers! :kickass:

loossstt are.. daaayys of spring. you siggggheed and..leeeet me in. ...greeew tooogether. with youuuur skin. and paaaced the trails of sin...dunnn dunnn DUNNN DUNN DUNNN....dunn dunn DUNN DUNN DUNNN...dunn dunn dunn DUNN DUN. *wicked awesome split second of silence then massive whiplash of headbanging to intro riff*

24 hours to go ...

Looks like the Moor will win for a second year in a row :worship:

Nevertheless, I tip my hat to the Leper Affinity for its incredible performance :hotjump:

My top three would have been Black Rose Immortal - The Moor - Blackwater Park.

You ?

Cheers! :kickass:

the leper affinity was the first opeth song i ever heard, but i've grown quite attached to the moor. so many great moments associated with that song. they're both amazing though.

my top 3 would've been..

...aaaargh, there's too many!!

ok, I'll say Hope Leaves, The Leper Affinity and Deliverance, but that leaves out most of the Still Life album as well as many other.

i've been watching this board for some time every now and then, finally took the bother to register.

to me, opeth's strenght lies in their consisting quality: i can not imagine one single opeth song i think is low-quality. song by song, album by album, everything is of the same outstanding quality.

of course, there is always the matter of taste: sometimes i am really into one song, then into an other song.

but if i would have to pick one single song that defines what opeth is, to me it would be Godhead's Lament: the more quiet parts are so clearly part of the song itself: it is ONE SONG, not just a collection of great riffs. With morningrise i really have that feeling: each riff is brilliant, but it doesnt really feel like a song to me.

anyway my vote goes to the moor: it has such a good atmosphere. i like the solo in TLA though, really cool, but as a song the moor is definitely better :)

My favorite Opeth Songs:

Godhead's Lament, Master's Apprentices, The Drapery Falls, The Moor, Advent, Nectar (the slap solo is incredible :).

Oh my god it has been a while since I have been here....

And now I'm looking at this...another best song of Opeth thread.

And there is one thing in my mind, The Moor made it to the finals...again, ok. But, where the HECK is When all the sudden???? In fact, better phrase may be...what happened to When?

Leper kicks ass, but woah...it made it to the finals???? I missed alot.