Frickin AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
'allo.

Did my bi-annual mailout to the industry, 500 companies/journalists/bands getting a copy of the newsletter as a 'hey how ya doin, I am alive'...

Had them all folded and stapled (only subscribers get the envelopes \m/), brought them to the post office. Needed 250 80 cent stamps (overseas), 30 60 cent stamps (Canada/Mexico), 220 normal stamps.

Get to the post office at 9am exactly.

[whine]

THEY ARE OUT OF STAMPS. The post office. They have me getting the 'collectors' stamps on the wall to get me enough first classers, and a ton of 10 and 2 cent stamps licky stamps.

What should have been an hour on just slamming on stamps, turned into a 3.5 hour ordeal of sticky fingers and shit.

GRRRR

Didn't get a chance to go home and shower and change, so sitting here at work in yesterday's clothes still, smelling like shit, no glasses so I'm getting headaches squinting all day at my computer...

HOW CAN A POST OFFICE BE FRICKIN OUT OF STAMPS? *pantomiming doing many nasty things to postal employees, and making nasty mean faces too*

[/whine]

Well I feel better now.

And shit's all mailed.

Originally posted by Lee_B
Couldn't you have waited a couple of days until they had some stamps back in stock?

For the stuff I was kicking myself for not having out Saturday? eeek. I'm a punctuality freak and stuff's been going out way too late lately as it is!

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
THEY ARE OUT OF STAMPS. The post office. They have me getting the 'collectors' stamps on the wall to get me enough first classers, and a ton of 10 and 2 cent stamps licky stamps.

That's kinda fucked up. Take it to the customer service window and tell them to print out 200 stamps and put them on for you. :D

You might want to look into one of those postage meters. They print stamps at whatever postage you want, so you wouldn't be wasting the extra postage you're putting on the envelopes (I'm pretty sure 2 stamps is extra postage).

They may be too expensive, but a look-see can't hurt.

Originally posted by The Nomad
You might want to look into one of those postage meters. They print stamps at whatever postage you want, so you wouldn't be wasting the extra postage you're putting on the envelopes (I'm pretty sure 2 stamps is extra postage).

The postage meters I'm looking at rent out at $20/month (plus the postage of course), and I'm not yet near that level of 'waste'... this particular mailing isn't my normal volume of individual mailings...

Originally posted by Seems like Trav
why dont you just freakin EMAIL your ish in pdf format to everyone?
you could even do it with neato pics too.

i'd buy that for a doillar...

T

That's a pretty good idea actually. You could charge a $25.00 annual subsciption or something and you wouldn't have to fork out for postage and copying.

I think I'd prefer it in PDF with some pics and stuff. Then I could just print it off here if I wanted to.

Lee

Originally posted by Seems like Trav
why dont you just freakin EMAIL your ish in pdf format to everyone?
you could even do it with neato pics too.
i'd buy that for a doillar...
T

I've already mentioned this, but I'd better answer this where people can seeing the question can see the answer. :)

A- The whole point of the newsletter is to have something that exists. I dunno. The whole 'internetification' of everything isn't something I like. At all. I think the internet should just point to something real, in every case.

And who would stop someone who just forwards an emailed file around to 5000 people?

As for buying that for a dollar, if you do 52 weeks, it's just a dollar week. ;)

B- Pictures? Good for two things. "Wow, they look stupid." or "Look at the tits on her!" Whenever I look at any publication, every time I see a photo or 'pretty' formatting, I feel robbed because space was taken away from more writing.