Genius Part 3 - Daniel and Jorn...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
PAIN OF SALVATION's Daniel Gildenlöw and Jorn Lande (ex-MASTERPLAN) are among the guest musicians appearing on the third and final episode of the GENIUS rock opera, written and performed by the Italian multitalented musician Daniele Liverani. Due on February 16, 2007 via Frontiers Records, this last chapter of the trilogy entitled "The Final Surprise" will reveal what happened to Genius and his guide Twinspirits 32 at the end of their long journey into dreams' world. Lots of titanic vocal duels are featured in this episode including the amazing duet performed by characters Twinspirits 32 (Gildenlöw) and Apikor (Lande) and between Twinspirits 32 (Gildenlöw) and Genius (this time performed by a majestic D.C. Cooper of SILENT FORCE). Other great singers give their interpretation of the characters in this final episode: Eric Martin as Mr. Niko, Toby Hitchcock (PRIDE OF LIONS) as Senator Jeramus and Andrea Dätwyler (LUNATICA) as Kokeshi Doll. Drum tracks for the album were laid down by Dario Ciccioni, while Oliver Hartmann took care of the monster chorus vocal work.

"The Final Surprise" track listing:

01. Toy Warehouse
02. No More Chances
03. Save Me From My Destiny
04. Alive and Safe
05. Jump Off This Train
06. Let Me Live
07. Inside These Memories
08. I Die
09. Back To Life Again
10. Dream In Liberty
11. The Final Surprise

I have not heard of the 2 previous works in this series. But seeing how it has Jorn and DC Cooper, I am interested in this one.

Genius is kind of the one among these projects that interests me the least. I have the first two and aside from one or two worthwhile songs, it's pretty blah. I've known about Andrea being on it for some time since it was posted on the Lunatica site when she went to record. I'll probably give it a try but thus far it doesn't hold a candle to projects like Avantasia or Aina, imo.

I have seen these releases slammed on different forums, but I've enjoyed them. Some very good compositions and great vocal performances. The narration between songs will make you go o_O , but if you get past that it's good stuff. Of course, the mind behind the project is Daniele Liverani from Empty Tremors.

Episode 1 contained vocals by Mark Boals, Lana Lane, Gildenlow, Steve Walsh, Oliver Hartmann, & Midnight...plus others.

Episode 2 had Russel Allen, Edu Falschi, Rob Tyrant, Eric Martin...plus others.

I checked out the first two, and didn't like them at all. There's a lot of spoken voice overs a la Rhapsody. The music is bland power metal. The story line was the most ridiculous thing this side of Magica or Aventasia.

Overall, there was nothing that made me want to keep listening to more.

Steve in Philly

Never heard it before, but have heard of it. I think that it sounds very interesting, but I doubt it will hold a candle to Avantasia or the my fav Aina.

I have the first two and aside from one or two worthwhile songs, it's pretty blah. I've known about Andrea being on it for some time since it was posted on the Lunatica site when she went to record. I'll probably give it a try but thus far it doesn't hold a candle to projects like Avantasia or Aina, imo.

Agreed. The first two are actually pretty boring, and were huge letdowns considering the people involved. I doubt the 3rd installment will be significantly better though I do plan on checking it out. And yes, it doesnt even come close to Avantasia.

I think the combination of the narratives & weird storyline make it extremely hard to get into the music. There should be enough storyline in the songs to not need any narration. It's the same reason After Forever's Invisible Circles isn't the awesome album it could have been. If I wanted to hear people talk, I would have bought a book on tape.

The first two Genius albums are absolute shit....shows how great vocalists can't rescue a bad song. Can't see this being any better.
Worst rock opera style cd's ever...even worse than Once and Future King.

I've got the first episode; and I admit, I totally dig the whole idea/ story and the music is pretty kewl too... I haven't picked up the second yet but I would like to get it and will definitely be pickin' up the 3rd at some point...

I'm on CD buying restriction... :erk: