Has Apocalyptica ever been considered?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Has apocalpytica been considered before for the pre-party or PP? I know it would be the oddball of oddballs. They've also played in the US a bit... so probably wouldn't be all that special for many (who might have seem them already if they cared to). Just curious. Not saying they should be, or would be a great addition. I really don't know.

I asked Glenn about them a year or two ago...I don't think I ever got a response back. Maybe things have changed, but I think they're a no.

I've seen them live though, greeeat great stuff. And the rules don't apply for the preparty!:heh:

freakchylde said:
I didn't snag their second CD, but have they stopped doing Metallica covers? I'd love to see what they've come up with, without Lars.
Only the first album was Metallica covers only. The second one did have some Metallica stuff too in addition to the other covers on it but since then they've been concentrating on their own stuff on the studio albums.

Here's my fave non-cover song by them from the album "Reflections": Somewhere Around Nothing video

pollution said:
Only the first album was Metallica covers only. The second one did have some Metallica stuff too in addition to the other covers on it but since then they've been concentrating on their own stuff on the studio albums.

Here's my fave non-cover song by them from the album "Reflections": Somewhere Around Nothing video

That is a great song and a really cool video, I hadn't seen it before. Thanks! I love studying to this band... hell, I love this band.

Katie and Brian, FIGHT over it. To the death! :lol:

I'd love to see Apocalyptica someday, but not at PP....maybe the pre-party. Hell, they must be cool, they're from fuckin' FINLAND! :heh:

EDIT: just watched that video on YouTube. Wow! They've come a long way from that first CD.....I loved it!

Also, I think they're from effin' Finland...but their website might be from Germany.....?

Cool live band, but I'm not sure how much I'd want to see them at PP, the cost is probably near that of a headliner and I really don't think they should headline the fest....

I couldn't see them doing anything higher than a #1 slot. And the #1 slot is so important as far as setting the tone and really getting things going that I don't know if they could produce that.

That being said, I do really enjoy them and would welcome them at the Preparty.

It'd be cool to see them provided their placement in the lineup. Like putting something like that on last on a Friday night would result in people falling asleep in their seats and waking up in their drool for day two...