I want you all to know how sad I am

Gunstar9

Skeletor Goes to Mars
Jan 30, 2005
that I won't be making it to this year's PPUSA.

I dig and totally support what Glenn is doing. I love the company of all of you.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find a last minute miracle (like last year) and make it to the show.

Catch all of you metalheads sometime.

Damn we're dropping off like flies!

We'll miss ya this year!

And I hope you make it!

-MetalRose
It's a rough year. :( The poor economy and high fuel prices are affecting everything. I canceled ALL plans for the summer entirely just to get close to having enough for ProgPower this year. Sad to say, I won't be buying much at the merch tables, though and will be eating and drinking mostly in the room.

It's a rough year. :( The poor economy and high fuel prices are affecting everything. I canceled ALL plans for the summer entirely just to get close to having enough for ProgPower this year. Sad to say, I won't be buying much at the merch tables, though and will be eating and drinking mostly in the room.

dude... Vespucci's. you know you can't resist eating there.

Same here. I still have to get my plane tickets! That stimulus check was a lot less of what it was "supposed" to be- And that all went to gas/ groceries.

And although I'm making more money at my new job, they take taxes out in both CT and MA... OUch.

-Metal

Catch you next year Gunstar. I am not attending this year either but I plan on being back for year 10. Seeing that this year the party starts on Wednesday makes me regret the decision (Need to win a lottery) but am already thinking about next year.

Obviously, instead of taking off just 2 days from work looks like Atlanta will be my one week vacation spot next year. I totally miss the exciting build up to the show.

It may be too late but I would be willing to pay extra online for a webcast of this year's show. Seems like many of us are not physically able to attend but a webcast would be another way to be there.

Looking forward to all the reviews and photos.

The fact that I'm moving and will have a different job is affecting this year's ProgPower for me. I've already got my gold badge paid for and my ticket to the Helloween show, but at the same time I have to save for the gas for the trip from Mississippi, hotel room, and food...not to mention merch (which I will have to severely cut budget for). My situation isn't NEARLY as dire as yours, Gunstar, but I know where you're coming from somewhat.

dude... Vespucci's. you know you can't resist eating there.

Can't go wrong with a restaurant named after America's namesake. :kickass:

(And, yes, it was. I checked with the guy there. :))

The fact that I'm moving and will have a different job is affecting this year's ProgPower for me. I've already got my gold badge paid for and my ticket to the Helloween show, but at the same time I have to save for the gas for the trip from Mississippi, hotel room, and food...not to mention merch (which I will have to severely cut budget for). My situation isn't NEARLY as dire as yours, Gunstar, but I know where you're coming from somewhat.

You'd BETTER be there, damnit. Who else can I bemoan the scarcity of Lykathea Aflame CDs with? :heh: