If you like Freak Kitchen you need to hear Gnô!

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
http://www.lasercd.com/Products/Gno---Cannibal-Tango__SR3058.aspx

Gnô is a French power trio whose style is often described as Pantera meets The Beatles. After releasing Trash Deluxe (Janvier records) in 2002, Gnô is back with a new opus entitled Cannibal Tango, even more brutal though more melodic as well. The three piece combo play heavy rock with a good balance between metal riffs and catchy melodies.

Their stock in trade is daredevil chops highlighted by insane stunt guitar. The rhythm section, powered by the roaring bass of Gaby Vegh and thunderous drumming by Peter Puke, provides an ideal foundation for the wizardry of Christophe Godin (Morglbl), considered one of the finest guitar players today! Not one, but three lead singers is another characteristic of the band, and they pay great attention to vocal harmonies à la Beatles or Kings X.

While the musicianship will leave you shaking your head in disbelief, the humorous lyrics will have you laughing out loud. These three French maniacs revolve around the same planet as their musical brethren Freak Kitchen. If Frank Zappa had made a metal album it would sound something like this.

Just got it in and I'm loving it...great chops but used tastefully...I wouldn't say it's as off the wall as Freak Kitchen but they were a good band to compare Gno to...it's damn good at any rate...some great guitarwork...thanks for the heads up Ken. :Smokin: :kickass: :headbang:

DP I really couldn't find any samples other than live you tube video stuff...but I took a chance on Ken's recommendation and have to say the band is solid and the disc is really good...like a more toned down Freak Kitchen but still with some killer guitar licks and great musicianship...that You Tube video sounds terrible and isn't a good representation of the band as the CD sounds so much better...in fact I almost passed on the band because of it...glad I took the chance...I don't like every band Ken signs stylewise....but I have to say he's got a nack for finding great musicians...Gno is no exception...well worth the money.

Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna take the plunge. I get a kick out of Freak Kitchen, especially their catchier moments, so what the heck :D