Is Kscope in trouble?

Mullmuzzler

Jul 26, 2002
Round Rock, TX
Ken, maybe you have some insight on this but is Kscope in trouble? I was really surprised to read today that Anathema left Kscope (for Mascot Label Group). I understood the Steven Wilson situation (and he signed with a bigger label). Maybe Anathema is in a similar position but I don't see as MSG being bigger than Kscope. Inside Out would have been also another option.

I don't have any inside knowledge. Frankly I was surprised too. It seemed as though Inside Out would have been the likely destination. Mascot has a bigger presence in Europe than they do here so it's a bit deceptive. I suspect there are deep pockets there so who knows what went down. Maybe a bidding war? Despite my relationship with Inside Out I'm not asking questions!

Despite my relationship with Inside Out I'm not asking questions!

Ha! No, don't ask. Just wondering what your take was. Didn't realize Mascot was bigger in Europe than what they appear to be. Hopefully Anathema gets more money and promo with MSG. They are a great band even though The Optimist didn't do much for me (except for one or two songs).

Ha! No, don't ask. Just wondering what your take was. Didn't realize Mascot was bigger in Europe than what they appear to be. Hopefully Anathema gets more money and promo with MSG. They are a great band even though The Optimist didn't do much for me (except for one or two songs).
In Europe Mascot has Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart among others. Big sellers.