Kai Hansen talked about Helloween Reunion

Sautherom

With Floor Jansen :)
Oct 4, 2004
Monterrey, Mexico
spaces.msn.com
Well.. Gamma Ray will play 2 dates in Mexico november 23 & 24, and about this, there are a brief interview with Kai Hansen, and he talked about Keeper 3 and a Helloween reunion, this is the source:

http://www.mordormx.net/mordormx/ (click on Kai Hansen pic.)

is in spanish, but here is the translation:

About the Keeper 3, Hansen said:
“Well you know, they can do what it pleases to them, this good for me, there is no problem. My first thought was that I just wouldn’t do it because it just puts on a basis to be compared to the old Keeper ' 1 & 2 ' and that could cause sad feelings with the fans, and possibly me too, also when I hear the title ' Keeper', I want to hear Michael Kiske singing. If he does not sing there, it cannot be a ' Keeper', and any thing unavoidably will be compared. Is something brave, because it could be not so easy to accept.
It is very difficult to repeat previous great success as ' the
Keeper', in my opinion, for that reason it had not done it. That was a good Era but I would prefer to make
something new, something different

HELLOWEEN REUNION?
Who is HELLOWEEN. ? If you are speaking of Michael [ Weikath ], Markus Grosskopf ] and Michael [ Kiske ], I would do tour with them and we will play the classic thing.That is something that I would like to do and would be happy for
doing it. And sure that we needed to find a drummer who has the spirit of Ingo [
Switchenberg ] in the scene. Would be nice thing, before we are getting old we should do it. Although sure it is not in my hands, and of course that I am happy with Gamma Ray and that is not problem.
It really depends of them.

I'm guessing that's not what he's suggesting... he's probably just thinking something along the lines of a one-off show (or multiple shows) with himself, Weikath, Kiske, Grosskopf, and a drummer, playing pre-1990 Helloween material. Then after those shows, he would go back to Gamma Ray, Weikath and Grosskopf would go back to Helloween, and Kiske would go back to bad-mouthing metal.

In another board there was a huge discussion about Abdy Deris as leadsinger in Helloween. I like Helloween more since Deris joined the band. I mean, "The dark ride" is their best album ever.

P-roggy said:
In another board there was a huge discussion about Abdy Deris as leadsinger in Helloween. I like Helloween more since Deris joined the band. I mean, "The dark ride" is their best album ever.

Deris killed Helloween for me. His vocals are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'll go for the Kiske or Hansen albums any day.

I'm guessing that's not what he's suggesting... he's probably just thinking something along the lines of a one-off show (or multiple shows) with himself, Weikath, Kiske, Grosskopf, and a drummer, playing pre-1990 Helloween material

And where, pray tell, would they be most likely to do such a one-off show?:)

adaher said:
I'm guessing that's not what he's suggesting... he's probably just thinking something along the lines of a one-off show (or multiple shows) with himself, Weikath, Kiske, Grosskopf, and a drummer, playing pre-1990 Helloween material

And where, pray tell, would they be most likely to do such a one-off show?:)

Well, realistically, if they did just one show, it would almost certainly be in Germany.

:Spin: