Lars

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
i listened to the Solefald CD the other day and it´s pretty cool and progressive
are Solefald going somewhere touring in the near future!? :hotjump:

I´ve heard rumours. ehm... aren´t you a two man band

Ásmegin is very cool also and they will release their debut on Napalm in august :Spin: how many songs are you involved with on that

the bass player Maddi( of Forgarður helvítis, Dark harvest, Múspell)
told me yesterday about it. He said the keyboard player from Borknagar was coming and spoke of some death metal stuff and I was like WHaat?!
it was a pretty unclear and blurry conversation though :tickled:

I returned from my Icelandic journey yesterday with 60 minutes of new Solefald music in the luggage. I actually did meet a guy called Maddi there during one of my drinking nights in Reykjavik (which is a really cool town by the way). There aren't too many metal people in Iceland I guess, so word travels fast :)

Anyway, on to your questions:

Solefald is a two-man-band, and we don't tour any more. We did a European tour back in -98 with three session musicians, but have since discontinued our live playing. It turned out to be too time consuming and problematic due to the fact that we live in different countries.

When it comes to Ásmegin, I do (clear) vocals on most of the songs on their new album "Hin vordende sod & sø", which is going to be out on Napalm Records in August. Ásmegin most certainly has a deatmetal influence, so I guess that's where Maddi got the deatmetal part from...

TheRealLazare said:
When it comes to Ásmegin, I do (clear) vocals on most of the songs on their new album "Hin vordende sod & sø", which is going to be out on Napalm Records in August. Ásmegin most certainly has a deatmetal influence, so I guess that's where Maddi got the deatmetal part from...

Soes anyone knows if Ásmegin found a new grim / death singer by now?

Lazare have you ever think about releasing some Solefald albums in LP. Solefald`s music is perfect for that special sound that LP`s have.

Hey Lazare,
Probably not the most appropriate place to discuss non-Borknagar matters considering how this is a Borknagar forum, but here goes.......In Harmonia Universali is my top pick for Best Album of 2003. You and Cornelius have truly created something monumental as far as progressive music is concerned. And I must say, you really sound more and more like Jon Anderson with each successive album, hehe. Now, my question that I wished to ask you was when you expect this 60 minutes of creative jelly to form(new Solefald)? And will it be through Century Media?

i just bought In Harmonia Universali yesterday and wow....i have to hand it to you guys, this is BRILLIANT! Easily climbing in the ranks of my favorite cds, i sure as hell see this as top 10 material.