Less than 2 months for the yearly Atlanta trip!!! Wooohooo

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Ok, it is getting there quickly!!! My sixth in a row since I started going...the best one for me was my first, which had some of my favorite metal bands: Royal Hunt, Fates Warning, Orphaned Land, Brainstorm, plus the awesome Crimson Glory set, the other awesome bands ( Sabaton and Pagan's Mind brought the roof down) and of course Primal Fear and Enchant for the showcase (good thing I got to see them AND Vanden Plas in a subsequent one). My sister came with even though she is not a fan of the genre (she just stayed for a bit and liked Diablo Swing Orchestra and laughed at me asking the guys from Orphaned Land if they knew how to sign my name in Hebrew, DUH) and she even got a cold for it, but I met two Progpower friends that I see every year since then and a few others. I am really looking forward to this one, which again features a bunch of old favorites of mine (Stratovarius, Masterplan, Overkill, Jon Oliva, POS) and a few others I am really looking forward to seeing (Seventh Wonder also brought the roof off last time).

G & J, keep doing what you are doing and I will be there each year rain or shine, and hopefully the other 800+ that made it a sold out event many months in advance.:kickass::headbang::headbang::worship:

See you theeeereee

Well, two months to go and I'm uncertain at this point if I'm still going. I've had a serious health scare that might keep me from going. At this point it is looking more likely I can go, but it looks for a lot less than I intended, since my PTO will need to be repurposed. I've already canned my vacation in two weeks because of it.

The wife and I are super excited and can't wait till September! We finally got around to booking our plane tickets yesterday.

It has been a long ten months, but I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. To get in shape, I have been doing exercises to strengthen the muscles on the back of my neck!