Votes: 19 65.5%
  • King Diamond

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
If your a fan, which do you prefer? Mercyful Fate, or King Diamond solo. While I love King's solo work, I have to choose Mercyful Fate. I think King's solo stuff has much better songwriting, with the story songs, and the music is still great. But, I still choose MF. A highly influential band.

Even though Mercyful Fate's first two albums are the only part of their catalogue that matters, they still own KD's solo career.

I just want to say, I can't stand anything King Diamond has ever fucking done. SOmeone really needs to tell him he is a rather horrible vocalist.

AjDeath said:
SOmeone really needs to tell him he is a rather horrible vocalist.

When the music is good and his voice goes with it, I don't mind (all of Abigail, a handful of different songs from his solo era). But I agree, he's overrated and a fucking horrible singer.

Pyrus said:
Mercyful Fate–King needs Hank Shermann to keep him grounded in reality, or he starts wandering off into badly structured neoclassical wonderland.

That, and Melissa rapes your fucking soul.
Why does everything have to be raped, and why do I use the word fuck a lot?

Cryptkeeper said:
If your a fan, which do you prefer? Mercyful Fate, or King Diamond solo. While I love King's solo work, I have to choose Mercyful Fate. I think King's solo stuff has much better songwriting, with the story songs, and the music is still great. But, I still choose MF. A highly influential band.

I choose mercyful fate over king diamond everyday. Less high screams, i hate how he uses them so often on king diamond albums, at least abigail.