Metal Rock Fest @ Lillehammer, Norway !

grandis

Mar 12, 2008
Trondheim
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving town to attend Metal Rock Fest at Lillehammer. The main reason is of course Äpeth (my first time :headbang:), eventhough there is a alot of other good bands such as Freak Kitchen, Circus Maximus, Evergrey and Susperia. Mattias "IA" Eklund (FK) even decided to have one of his freaky guitar clinics...hell yeah !:kickass:
www.metalrockfest.no there you've got the entire list of bands.

Someone else that is going?

Ah, so much want to go there. But I doube my father will surprise me with it within saturday. And damn, My Dying Bride is even coming. Damn.

Really wanted to be there but couldn't afford the trip and hotel right now. Oh well, at least I get to see Anekdoten on saturday. *cries*
Have fun and say Hi! to Ia from me if you see him!

Sitting at work, time slowing to a crawl...before going to Lillehammer. I am so lucky with this bill - my favorite band OPETH and my second favorite band MY DYING BRIDE right after each other in the town where my girlfriend's family lives and thus can provide both free food and shelter, as well as watching my son so I can go total banana. Weee!

Anybody know how many people there will be there (during Opeth)? It's a rather new festival isn't it?

Hey, awesome! I live in Lillehammer and I'm going. What a relief knowing it won't be a dull festival crowd!

Awesome gig!

i stood beside some old grumpy guy that starting pushing me around when i was jumping up and down :/ What the hell is he doing there anyway, among like 15 guys jumping up and down?

It would be hard to follow up My Dying Bride's bombastic, mournful and haunting performance, and for once Opeth dissapointed me a little. Not with the setlist which was pretty much excellent ("To Rid the Disease" could have been "Credence" but that's personal taste), but the band itself was a bit on automatic pilot and even Lord Åkerfeldt wasn't really "into" it this time.

Setlist:
Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Encore:
The Drapery Falls

Photos:
Coming soon :)

Have to agree with Slynt, the band (Opeth) was kind of boring between songs. Mikael didn't do any funny stuff, except some jokes about Joe Tempest or something. But I think this had something to do with the fact that they were (when FK played) behind schedual.

But for me the experience was great! When I was walking around the area about 1h before Opeth played, I suddenly saw Fredrik, Mikael & Mendez standing on this platform on the 1st floor and smoking. Fredrik then noticed my Still Life shirt and gave me the horns whilst saying "YEAH!". Mikael & Mendez then turned around and waved. I was about to go and ask for a picture with 'em, but before I managed to do so this guy comes up to me and ask who they are. I was like "They're fuckin' Opeth man!", and when I turned around to go up to them they were going inside again...do'h!

And after the concert I caught Mikael and Fredrik's towel. :lol: