Moon Safari (Great progressive rock from Sweden)

Based on the zero response count I guess this isn't well-liked, but I'm probably the only Magic Pie fan here so this is right where I like my prog rock. Very slick stuff. It has a little bit of an Ambrosia vibe too which is cool. Thanks for posting this.

BTW: Is that the old dude from FW's THrough Different Eyes video? Man that guy is always working...

Magic Pie?!? Aren't they the band that borrowed rather heavily from Sonic Origami era Uriah Heep? Or, was that Neon Fly? Hmm... I know what I'll be listening to after the new Dream Theater later today.

Moon Safari have a new one. Cool.

Awesome stuff. Probably my favorite prog-rock (no metal here) band out there. Their first album had a strong Yes influence, but they have grown with every release. At times it's like Styx meets the Flower Kings.

Based on the zero response count I guess this isn't well-liked, but I'm probably the only Magic Pie fan here so this is right where I like my prog rock. Very slick stuff. It has a little bit of an Ambrosia vibe too which is cool. Thanks for posting this.

BTW: Is that the old dude from FW's THrough Different Eyes video? Man that guy is always working...

Your very welcome guys, progressive rock is my specialty.

But it does seem that prog rock is less appreciated on this forum, for being a "progressive" forum.

But hey not everyone can like quirky progressive rock, I can understand that.

I love Moon Safari. Got into them maybe a year before Lover's End was released. Some of the best stuff I've heard lately. Missed them when they played in NY last year, but hoping they'll come back over to the US sometime again soon.

10 year bump...

MOON SAFARI Share Video For New Single "Emma, Come On"

"...Swedish progressive rockers, Moon Safari, recently announced their new album, Himlabacken Vol. 2. Ten years in the making, their 5th studio album will be released on December 6 through Marquee Inc. in Japan and worldwide on December 8 through the band's own Blomljud Records Inc...."

moosafcd1123.jpeg