My 'e-business' experiment

Nt3N

Dark Tranquillity Italia
Jan 3, 2005
Mestre (Venice)
www.darkillity.net
hi all! hope not to be banned for spam :D

i wanted to tell u i have started a few days a new adventure with a new website, www.buymyblocks.com -. It's like an ambitious 'e-business' experiment, a new way of advertising a website for very low costs with high visibility potentials.

My site ives you the chance to place your ads on a giant virtual adboard made of 'blocks' of variable dimensions and costs. You can 'rent' a block for 31 days and display ads on it, ads directly linked to the website you advertise for.

The ambotius aim behind this is creating a huge community of people willing to advertise their website and watch other ads too. The potential is good: if curiosity is a srtrong enough impulse for a visitor then the community is destined to grow quickly.

I already got in touch with important websites/companies like loudsession.com and self.it.

To speed up the growth of my website, i decided to give out free of charge one or more blocks for 31 days with no obligation for the future. You can place your ads for free and when the 31 days expire u can decide whether to renew it or leave the website. It's all up to u.

If anyone on this forum wants to help me with my project by placing his ads on my page, please feel free to contact me. If u have any criticism, suggestion or any comments to make, please do so!

Thanks and sorry if I wasted your time.

/nico.

This ain't exacly a new idea, everyone's doing it nowadays.
The first guy made a ton of money, but then what?

What would bring "Joe Schmoe" to visit this particular site? It's not like we're lacking banners and advertisements online anyway.
Would someone pay a visit to a site just to watch ads?
I hope you understand my point of view here.

Of course, I really hope you are successful with this, and I wish you the best of luck :)

well, while it's true that the idea is not new it still can be adapted for newness - for example, all ads could have something to do with metal (record stores, music stores, booking agencies, clothing lines etc.). i think that nico is doing a good job, and i'd even give him something to advertise for if i had a business. :) have you already contacted the UM administrators, bands with official sites etc.? it might be a good source of revenue. if people on UM and other metal communities start looking at your site as a source for sites to visit, you're off to a good start.

i think that hyena's idea is good and that you should try it though i don't know if the metal community is ready to give money for advertisments