Nearfest Line Up

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
WOW

Both CalProg and Nearfest line ups are SOLID this year.

They are both bringing some big guns in this year.

Riverside is finally coming over check out the Nearfest Line Up.

http://www.nearfest.com/lineup2006.asp

Amazing work on the part of Chad and Rob back there, and Papa Jim rules as well.

I might have to make these shows!

I was "eh" on the Nearfest lineup until Riverside was added. They will certainly irritate the living hell out of the "true proggers" that make up much of the Nearfest audience.

The CalProg lineup slays. ryrptic Vision and Kino were gods at RoSFest last year. And the Presto Ballet and Helment Of Gnats CDs are amazing, so this should be a great show...

dt

Riverside is the #1 and ONLY reason I might go. I'm not really into the typical "proggy" rock bands, they all sound alike to me, or rips from 70's classics.

well..Riverside I tried to like..they sound very derivative to me. If NF gets Pure Reason Revolution= I'm there.

otherwise..I've seen Emerson with ELP and Ozrics before..FM I don't know..and the others I forget now. I am likely to travel to a film festival or touring act(s) who don't come to my town. Portnoy's WHO tribute comes to mind.

Kyle

Hmmm, I believe I'll go to this..., Yes I will....

It's a good excuse to get back to the Chicken Lounge in Allentown at the very least..

Thanks for the heads-up brother Ed.....

ebass said:
WOW

Both CalProg and Nearfest line ups are SOLID this year.

They are both bringing some big guns in this year.

Riverside is finally coming over check out the Nearfest Line Up.

http://www.nearfest.com/lineup2006.asp

Amazing work on the part of Chad and Rob back there, and Papa Jim rules as well.

I might have to make these shows!
What's up, Ed? Long time, no talk!

Wow! NearFest got Riverside! I guess that ends all speculation on the PP front for them. I think you guys sound like Slayer compared to Riverside, so it really surprised me that people wanted Riverside so bad, but the thought even enter their minds that Enchant isn't heavy enough?

I've never even gone to NearFest and Allentown is only 2 hours away. Had I known that Enchant was there a few years back I would've definitely gone. NearFest wasn't really on my radar until that happened though.

We are working ona few very cool possibilities ourselves right now. I can't wait until I can spill it. :D

oh my god... i have to go to Nearfest! Riverside is my favorite band right now! I just got their Polish EP... and it's brilliant (great live tracks too).......... I need to see them live!

I don't like another band on the entire lineup... but Riverside may be enough to get me there.