NEW SPIRAL ARCHITECT ALBUM: Thoughts, Predictions & Reviews

progmetaldan

Nov 25, 2006
South Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone, I thought I'd get a thread going in which we can all discuss the follow-up to A Sceptic's Universe. This means instead of numerous small threads, we can all discuss it in the one big thread! Go to it! :headbang:

I'll start us off. I personally would love to still see the crazy technical stuff like spinning, and the awesome middle-sized experimental songs like Insect and Excessit, but I would also really love to see a couple of longer songs, with a similar feel to Cloud Constructor and Fountainhead, but maybe in the 7-10 minute range. I reckon that would be unbelievable! :worship:
I'd also like to see maybe 1 or 2 longer instrumentals, not that I have a problem with Oyvind's voice, it's excellent, but a couple of really technical-fusiony songs in which vocals just wouldn't fit, but fully showcase the band's amazing creative and technical abilities...

I think the only way to go from ASU is to do something rather different, not just a follow-up. The album is perfect and can not be made better by songs in a similar vein.

That's true, I just by similar feel, I meant sort of epic sounding, but without detracting from the technicality. So like not making a Progressive-metal song, still Tech-metal, but a bit longer and slightly epic. I think Cloud-constructor is a good example of what I mean, just a bit short to really have that grand epic impact...

Well I hope it's not too different, cos ASU sounded awesome, and it would be a shame to go in a completely different direction... But hey, I'm sure they know what they're doing. They made ASU, so obviously they have good ideas going... I think the main challenge for them will be to make the next one even better! Go to it boys! :headbang:

"better" is always relative. I guess there can only be a polarizing effect: there will be people loving it, others may hate it - all depending on whether they are progressing or sticking to ASU.

I think the best thing about Spiral Architect, is that they probably don't give a damn what everyone wants in the new album, but rather will make it exactly how they want to, which is how it will end up best, and in turn we will all come to love it I'm sure!!! :headbang: It will be great when this turns into a review thread instead of predictions!!!