New VIRGIN STEELE...

This is the worst VS album ever!
I used to love this band, and I for one was pissed off when the last disc had such a horrible production. On this one the production is a tad better (not perfect mind you), but the computer sounding drums are still there and even worse is the fact that David Defeis has decided to whisper his way through most of the album instead of singing. It's bad, really bad :((((

even worse is the fact that David Defeis has decided to whisper his way through most of the album instead of singing. It's bad, really bad :((((

I've noticed this quality in his voice in other (good) albums, and always thought that if he relied to heavily on that technique it would take away from the performance. I would see this as a problem also.

This is the worst VS album ever!
I used to love this band, and I for one was pissed off when the last disc had such a horrible production. On this one the production is a tad better (not perfect mind you), but the computer sounding drums are still there and even worse is the fact that David Defeis has decided to whisper his way through most of the album instead of singing. It's bad, really bad :((((

Sadly, I gotta agree with you. I can't go through the whole albums without falling asleep...The voice sounds flat and dull and the drums don't sound "real" at all.

Very disappointing album for DeFeis and co...Maybe the time is now to call it a day...Still, to their credit, they released some classic discs like both Marriage Of Heaven & Hell, Invictus and to a less extent Noble Savage and Age Of Consent. But since the 2000s, it didn't stop to go downhill...

No complex guitar lines or anything. Feels like Dave just wanted to sing and tell a story. Only one listen, and while I do like their previous album quite a bit, this one did not link with me. Felt too familiar.