Nightwish/Sabaton/Delain in Fort Lauderdale...awesome..Hi Glenn

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Was standing in line for 2 hours and right before getting in, who do I see come by? Glenn and Jen ;). Should have said hi, but they were rushing and they almost did not let Glenn in with his buddies ;). Anyway, awesome show, place was packed, and everybody was on point. Funniest quote goes to Joakim: ´We have played over 150 shows in this last tour, and now we are a support band´. Always an awesome, high-energy band to see. Lastly, Floor looked like a giant on stage with the high-heel boots, especially next to Emppu, but her voice was equally giant. Not much chatter, just great music all around. Delain also killed it, although too short of a set.

Good to hear it was awesome. I will see them tonight in Nashville. Been looking forward to this for months. Sabaton and Nightwish on the same stage on the same night?? Delain will be a bonus no doubt about it. I'm definitely ready. If anyone here is going and wants to say hello, I'll be the tall thin guy wearing camos and the black ProgPower XV t-shirt.

Update: Really good show. Crowd was chanting "Sab-a-ton Sab-a-ton", and Joakim told everyone to "just shut the fuck up". Hilarious. Everyone loved it. Sabaton almost stole the show, but Nightwish put on a great performance. They played a great set which included Ever Dream and Last of the Wilds. Unfortunately the audio quality was not good because the acoustics at Marathon Music Works sucks really bad. The people that run that club really need to invest in improving sound quality in their joint if they wish to continue to attract bands of this caliber. It was a pleasant evening, but inside it was hot and stifling - so much so that FLoor even made a comment about it. Floor and Tuomas were really cool and tossed cold bottled water out to the crowd. The people at MMW need to upgrade their air conditioning or at least keep the doors open to allow for some air flow. I can't imagine what it would have been like had the tour come through in July. As it is now, MWM is little more than a junior league pop stand. Didn't stop the show from being great. I sure hope Sabaton and Nightwish remember Nashville and how much the crowd loved them when they decide where to go on their next tour.

Sabaton tends to steal any show that they're involved in. Same thing happened with Iced Earth last year in Dallas, and Jon was NOT happy. They actually skipped 3 songs that were on the printed setlist that night (which could have been completely unrelated)

Anybody hear how the Charlotte show did? Kinda worried that they booked The Fillmore there instead of Raleigh or Asheville.

Charlotte show was super packed.
I agree with the other comments mentioned.
Delain had too short of a set (somebody has to be the opener though)
Sabaton were awesome and had tons of laughs and energy.
Nightwish had a monster of a set, and were completely brilliant. A great mix of the new material and some classic NW stuff that Floor absolutely blew out of the water. It's like a new band. Seriously. I say they should re-record everything because they sound amazing.

I would have preferred a Raleigh show (location wise), but Charlotte's Fillmore was actually a pretty great venue for this show. It was totally packed, but still room to breathe, and the sound was fantastic.

I was at the Charlotte show as well, I'd say that Sabaton stole the show but Nightwish and Delain were really great, Sabaton is just one of the hottest bands right now. The Fillmore was the most packed that I've ever seen it, glad to see the Southeast give a great showing

Also at the Charlotte show I bumped into a good few Atlantans (?) that got shafted with this leg of the tour, as well as people up from SC. So it wasn't just North Carolinians filling the Fillmore.

Getting to headbang next to/discuss Nightwish with PPUSA alum Matt Smith from Theocracy (my musical hero) was pretty much one of the best moments of my life.

Also at the Charlotte show I bumped into a good few Atlantans (?) that got shafted with this leg of the tour, as well as people up from SC. So it wasn't just North Carolinians filling the Fillmore.

Getting to headbang next to/discuss Nightwish with PPUSA alum Matt Smith from Theocracy (my musical hero) was pretty much one of the best moments of my life.

Whoa Matt Smith?? Thats really cool. Did he say anything that you can tell us about the new album they're working on?