One Time Spin

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
How many times have you bought a cd & only listened to it once & never went back to it because you didnt like it..for some reason or another....:yuk:

I had a couple of interesting experiences:
-Tool - Lateralus
-King Crimson - The Power To Believe

In both cases, I bought the albums at Circuit City (my local store had a decent CD selection back then). I used to frequent the Mike Portnoy forum a lot and both albums were highly recommended. I went and bought them and I was very disappointed and managed to sell them to a college mate. A couple of years later, I came across the albums again at a used CD store and bought them (different months) since the reviews were positive in general. And shit. They clicked! And what a journey these two bands have been. Been following them ever since and try to catch them live when ever they tour. Seen KC since the 2008 reunion and what a treat that was. Been to about 4-5 Tool shows and the live show is stunning.

It's been several years. The music industry and the groups themselves have made sampling before legally buying easier than ever.

However, current conditions have stopped groups from performing so for the ones that I love for their previous output, I'll buy (within reason) regardless of my impression of any samples.

Reactions: Liquid Tension