Orden Ogan, my favorite "new" power metal band

Well outside this forum, there is little talk of them. When Eastons Hope came out there was zero talk of it here. Maybe at best one small thread no one added to. Once you gave them the thumbs up....BAM! Everyone was suddenly a super fan. I am sure they are great live. They have energy but again...they are not really bringing anything new to the genre, which sure isnt important as long as the songs are good and catchy. From what I have heard of the new one...it isnt as much as people seem to say it is.

Everyone will have their opinion on them. Some will hate, some will love and some like myself are in the middle. I would rather listen to Dreamtale who have the same energy and even style.

There's places other than this forum that still like power metal?

Simon...dont you know Nailz is the human "Metal Archives". Everyone got what you meant but he has to constantly make smart comments to make a name for himself since he really cant add to any discussion of music.

I'm not exactly sure at what point I fucked your mother when you were a young boy but I promise I wasn't trying to replace your father. :rolleyes:

Get the fuck over yourself. He said they were "the new Sabaton." It's hardly the case that Sabaton has flamed out in popularity like a pop artist.

I'm not exactly sure at what point I fucked your mother when you were a young boy but I promise I wasn't trying to replace your father. :rolleyes:

Get the fuck over yourself. He said they were "the new Sabaton." It's hardly the case that Sabaton has flamed out in popularity like a pop artist.

I dont see Sabaton flaming out? Are they not one of the headliners this year? They do really well on their US tours and sell a lot of records? Simon was comparing OO to them with how they built up their fanbase and popularity.

get over myself? I am not the one just taking pot shots at people.

Well outside this forum, there is little talk of them. When Eastons Hope came out there was zero talk of it here. Maybe at best one small thread no one added to. Once you gave them the thumbs up....BAM! Everyone was suddenly a super fan. I am sure they are great live. They have energy but again...they are not really bringing anything new to the genre, which sure isnt important as long as the songs are good and catchy. From what I have heard of the new one...it isnt as much as people seem to say it is.

This is where you are off Bob. If this forum truly was the only place people talked about or liked them, they wouldn't be doing as well as they are overseas.

Again, never did I say that Sabaton has flamed out. i merely said they were the newest up and coming power metal band.

. You know what this is? Turisas. But good.

Heh, I suppose I'd agree with that actually.

Also though, this band is in fact the next Sabaton. In fact, it took Sabaton much longer to get where they are now than it's taking Orden Ogan. Much of that has to do with the fact that Germany and GAS markets love power metal more than Sweden/Scandinavia. And honestly I'm fine with that because Sabatan has no riffs.

Well outside this forum, there is little talk of them. When Eastons Hope came out there was zero talk of it here. Maybe at best one small thread no one added to. Once you gave them the thumbs up....BAM! Everyone was suddenly a super fan.

I'm flattered that you think of this forum as the power metal nexus of the world! If we hype it here, then it's going to cause sales across Europe to increase! If we hype it here, it's going to get a band on a good tour all across Europe! If we hype it here, it causes all of the European metal print mags to give it great reviews!

Dude..you don't like the disc and don't think it's anything special. No problem. However, to blame me or this forum for over-hyping a critical and commercially successful (relatively speaking) release is silly.

I tend to post first about a lot of albums because I get the promos way in advance...even in advance of the regular press. I miss on just as many as I hit in terms of replies. You just don't pay close enough attention to topics/genres that don't interest you it would appear as a quick scan of the past few topics I started will back me up. People agree & post or they don't and the thread dies quickly. If the majority disagree with you, then you start climbing up on the high horse.

Obviously, you do not give people on this forum credit for their own thought processes or the ability to make up their own mind about a release. You have valuable musical insight that I enjoy reading from time to time whether polarizing or not. It's too bad that you have the social skills of a pariah or more people may actually pay attention to you outside of the Chicago Posse.

I am not here to make freinds. I am here to discuss music, with people who have the same taste. You cant say you dont see the obvious here that when you give the thumbs up to a band....a large percentage of the people that post here will suddenly rush and buy it or become a huge fan. It isnt a slap to you or the people here. It is just a fact that lots of people have noticed ( not even the chicago posse ) and talked about on various social media sites and forums. It is great that you have that power and influence. it can be a great thing to help out bands who deserve to be heard.

This forum is actually one of the main places to discuss power metal. There are very few forums with the amount of traffic that this one gets that you can talk about stuff and not have to wait a week for one person to respond. So this is the power metal nexus of the world in a way.

as having the social skills of a pariah? I thank you. I am a straight shooter and always will be on forums and in person. I am not worried about people responding to my postings. Like everyone else here...we all have different opinions and this is what a "forum" is. A place to discuss our views. For anyone who has met me in person...I am pretty much the same person as I am in the digital world.

Most people who have met me in person from here outside the Chicago posse seemed to enjoy my company. Nina, Jeremy, William, and Justin can attest to that.

These guys really do smoke. On their last "To The End" they released a nice double-digi. They also had a very limited Treasure Chest Fan-BOX run of only 500 worldwide. Only about 20 were sold outside of Germany. We have 4 sets here is anyone becomes a SUPER-FAN and needs their LIMITED EDITION complete with scarf, treasure chest, snow-globe, autographed card (by full band) and a comic book:

http://www.cdinzane.com/product.php?productid=11732&cat=0&page=1

Good stuff, but am I the only one that doesn't understand the Blind Guardian comparison? I just don't hear it, but they are high quality that's for sure.

YES:Spin:

I just listened to this for the first time today and that was my first thought was this sounds like Blind Guardian. I was equally impressed...damn good disc. Gonna be somewhere in my top 20 for the year.