ProgPower USA Compilation CD 2012 - BANDS NEEDED!

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Hi all,

It's that time of year to finalize the ProgPower USA CD Sampler and event program! We still have a few spots left on the CD sampler and ad space in the magazine. If you are interested, please e-mail us at: progpowerusaweb @ gmail dotcom

I have included the general information below, but please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this opportunity.

Event Program Advertisement

Each year we print a 48 page, black and white full gloss event program.
We publish interviews with each festival band appearing at the show, and we allow other bands/labels/etc to book ads for the remaining pages.
Like the CD sampler, this is a highly targeted opportunity to promote your band/label/website!

You can check out the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Event Programs at this link.

1/4 Page Ad:
$60 - With CD track
$75 - Without CD Track

1/2 Page Ad:
$99 - With CD track
$130 - Without CD Track

Full Page Ad (Best Value):
$175 - With CD track
$225 - Without CD Track
Compilation CD Bookings & Information

In addition to the Event Program opportunity, we also offer a multi-disc CD Sampler at the ProgPower XII 2011 show, that is now available for booking.
With the response that we had the last few years this will once again be a 2-3 CD compilation.

You can check out the 2009, 2010 and 2011 compilation CD Samplers at this link.
Promotional use only:
This CD is not for sale at the event. It is handed out FREE to all attendees at the door. With that said, there are no royalties paid out for this, it's a promotional opportunity for your band to reach a highly targeted audience.

Pricing:

The cost to have a track on the 2012 ProgPower USA XIII CD Compilation is $275.

Just curious, but is there any bands that's popularity substantially increased due to having a track on the promo? Obviously their exposure increased some, but I'm trying to think of bands that really jumped up the ladder after being exposed to the progpower crowd through the promo disc. I know some bigger named bands are always on them but I mean of the lesser known bands.

Just curious, but is there any bands that's popularity substantially increased due to having a track on the promo? Obviously their exposure increased some, but I'm trying to think of bands that really jumped up the ladder after being exposed to the progpower crowd through the promo disc. I know some bigger named bands are always on them but I mean of the lesser known bands.

YES.

Namely? My question was not to suggest the disc doesn't help bands or put it down in anyway. Anything that helps bands get their name out there in this day and age is immensely important. I simply wanted to know what bands have really caught on because of inclusion on the disc.

Namely? My question was not to suggest the disc doesn't help bands or put it down in anyway. Anything that helps bands get their name out there in this day and age is immensely important. I simply wanted to know what bands have really caught on because of inclusion on the disc.

I can't claim this qualifies as "catching on" but the sampler discs prompted me to buy their discs, which led me to sponsorship bids for Haken and Kingcrow.

Well I doubt that the sampler has a direct effect to gaining stardom, but the fact that it prompts people to go buy their music only helps album sales increasing exposure through and through.

Halcyon Way (a few european tours and festival appearances), Theocracy (a few european tours and festival appearances) and Seven Kingdoms (Blind Guardian's Opener for the last North American Tour); Each have participated and they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves thus far.

Regardless of the intention, it came across as a pretty shitty post...

So I sent an e-mail concerning our track, but didn't get word back. What date is the track due for the compilation? We're in the studio right now.