ProgPower XX YouTube Playlist

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Like most people I'm not as familiar with all the bands playing ProgPower USA in 2019. So to help familiarize myself I made a playlist based on recent setlist from all the bands. Not saying that this is what every band will play, it's just a sampler of what they are playing currently.

Day 1
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFgH3MjLByNaOxYjrhGDfLE_nIbPs_nmM

Day 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFgH3MjLByNYtL9ZCohfaEtXLB-K2wQlU

Day 3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFgH3MjLByNa-zNKhrok6DNXbYQCfcfaw

Day 4
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFgH3MjLByNZlW-Lka41uJfLglXTNN-li&disable_polymer=true

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominick_7
Thank you for all of your efforts with the playlist. I know it took some time.

I do want to comment on the "Like most people I'm not as familiar with all the bands playing ProgPower USA in 2019." This is where I just have to scratch my head a bit. I'm not trying to insult you at all. I just think it's a blanket statement that isn't entirely accurate. These bands aren't exactly newbies. If the genre isn't your thing, then it makes perfect sense. Otherwise, all have either been around for years, have multiple album releases, toured, played festivals, have a solid buzz, etc. It's just that they are indeed "newer" bands compared to the mainstays of the festival from the first 15 years. Time marches on and I don't want to stagnate with all bands that built their fame from 10-20 years ago.

Quick hits:

WindRose- 4 albums, toured Europe with bands such as Ensiferum, the "To Erebor" video has 1.2 million views on youtube. In comparison, only one video from the last Kamelot album has hit 1 million. Pretty Maid's last video = 400K.

Subsignal- 5 albums, they have actually played the States before at Rosfest, toured Europe multiple times, released dvd, etc.

Barren Earth- 4 albums, toured the States, on Century Media Records.

Psychotic Waltz- 4 albums, was right up there with Fates back in the day for prog fans

Sorcerer- This I can understand. Only 2 albums and rarely tour. They are on Metal Blade though.

Caligula's Horse- 4 albums, Got one of the loudest pops during the announcement video, arguably the hottest "new" prog band on the planet not named Haken

Poets of the Fall- I love that only a handful of folks know one of my favorite bands on the planet. 7 albums and a new one next month. I hope folks take the year to truly dig into just how amazing this band is. They have been discussed on this forum several times over the years.

Demons & Wizards- Good enough to be placed 3rd on the Wacken billing for next year. One of the most requested bands over the years

Jag Panzer, Seventh Wonder, Threshold, Ordan Ogan,.. all well known with regular attendees.

Anyhow, I hope you find something you enjoy with the bands you are not familiar with.

My comments were based on the facebook thread "What Band Were you Not Familiar with". There seemed to be some feedback so just hoping to enlighten anyone that's interested in checking out bands. I've gone to ProgPower off and on since #2 but there's still some bands that I wasn't as familiar with and some that I love.

Of the bands Sorcerer, Demons & Wizards, Threshold have me the most excited. Iron Mask was a band that I overlooked and really really like. Some of the bands like Tomorrow's Eve, Secret Sphere, Galneryus didn't really excite me but I'm hoping by listening to songs they've played live they'll grow on me by festival time.

Thanks for putting on such a great festival Glenn, looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019!

I can kinda understand some people drawing blanks with some of the bands in the lineup. Subsignal and Poets are somewhat outside the realm of metal (even if Subsignal's origins are within the genre) Psychotic Waltz hasn't done anything in years, and if you aren't looking back, I can understand younger fans scratching their head a bit.

The good thing is that there is plenty of time to get educated to the fact that this is a great lineup.