Queensryche & Dokken Tour Set List??

DAVID6

Oct 3, 2006
Daytona Beach,FL
I am going to see this show in Orlando @ the House of Blues this week and was wondering if anyone has seen the set list so far? More or less want to see Don Dokken on the accoustic side more then QR. :kickass:

After I posted this I did some playing around online and saw a review of show out west where someone posted a set list for both DD & QR. Dokken is keeping it simple and to the basics. I hope for a little more Empire and OpMindCrime era stuff with QR.

A friend of mine went Friday night at Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ and said that Queensryche had a very interesting set of originals and covers. They did a ripping version of Black Sabbath's Neon Knights. I would assume Dokken would keep it simple as it is Don Dokken acoustic and not actually Dokken. There will be a review of the show up on MetalAsylum.net sometime tomorrow.

Saw the show in Myrtle Beach last night and it was awesome. QR pulled out a bunch of obscurities that they hadn't played in a long time. Here's what I remember from the setlists...

Don Dokken (acoustic with Kelly Keeling [TSO, MSG])

Into The Fire
Breaking The Chains
Just Got Lucky
It's Not Love
Alone Again
In My Dreams

-Don sounded OK. He made sure to let us know over and over that he had "just woke up 45 minutes ago". Whatever. Kelly Keeling handled the higher vocal parts that Don can no longer hit. All in all it was a fun set and it was cool to hear the songs again, but Don talks waaaay too much between songs and a 6 song set took nearly 40 minutes..

Queensryche

Burning Man
NM 156
Screaming in Digital
Welcome To The Machine
I'm American
The Hands
Another Rainy Night
Gonna Get Close To You
Bridge
Breaking The Silence
The Killing Words
Jet City Woman
Anybody Listening
Last Time In Paris
Best I Can
Eyes Of A Stranger

Encore
Synchronicity (Sung by audience conteste winner)
The Lady Wore Black
Someone Else
Empire

Queensryche were firing on all cylinders tonight. The older songs off of Rage and The Warning were a nice surprise. I was glad to finally see Gonna Get Close To You live. They sounded great and Geoff Tate is a hell of a performer and a great voice. He struggled a little at the very end of the night but his stage presence made it barely noticeable. All in all a great show....

We got kind of screwed with the Chicago Performance on Feb 2. Tate, or someone in the band got sick, and they only played for a shade over one hour. The set was pretty interesting until the abrupt ending. I felt a bit cheated, but that's par for the course when it comes to Queensryche.

Britt

I was also at the Chicago show and man was it a let down. I've seen them four times and this was the worst for sound issues. Tates mic was clipping almost all night and you could barely hear him. Its like they were compressing the heck out of him. I was standing right next to the sound board and no one seemed to notice. We glanced over to the set list and they ended six songs short. Love the band and the House of Blues, just a very off night.

:OMG:
I am VERY excited to see "Burning Man" and "Someone Else" live! That leaves only "London" on my wish list :cool:

I'm planning to go, pending it isn't sold out yet. I'm hoping Rick/See You In Hell is going too so we can claim the front row again! If I'm going to be upfront for Nightwish, then I would be a fool to not be there for my favorite band, right? :lol:

I've lost interest in both bands. With Dokken basically down to just Don Dokken (and an occasional Mick Brown -- and him only sparingly), it' not worth it. We saw "Dokken" in Detroit a year or so ago. Only Don Dokken was left from the original band and he not only rambled between songs, but his voice was so far off that we now realize Dokken doesn't rhyme with rockin', it rhymes with crockin'.

As far as Queensryche goes, I gave up on them years ago. I used to see them every time they toured. I drove to Chicago to see them at the Aragon Ballroom. I drove to Kalamazoo to see them at the State Theater. Both experiences left me cold. They were so laid back that we just couldn't get into them. Geoff Tate has become the new Bono -- extremely full of himself, thinking all he has to do is smile, move slowly, and act super-confident and (a) no one will notice that he can't sing, and (b) everyone will be mesmerized by his every move.

Queensryche and Dokken could perform in my living room and I'd still miss the show, preferring to browse at the nearest Barnes & Noble instead.

Saw the show in Myrtle Beach last night and it was awesome. QR pulled out a bunch of obscurities that they hadn't played in a long time. Here's what I remember from the setlists...

Don Dokken (acoustic with Kelly Keeling [TSO, MSG])

Into The Fire
Breaking The Chains
Just Got Lucky
It's Not Love
Alone Again
In My Dreams

-Don sounded OK. He made sure to let us know over and over that he had "just woke up 45 minutes ago". Whatever. Kelly Keeling handled the higher vocal parts that Don can no longer hit. All in all it was a fun set and it was cool to hear the songs again, but Don talks waaaay too much between songs and a 6 song set took nearly 40 minutes..

Queensryche

Burning Man
NM 156
Screaming in Digital
Welcome To The Machine
I'm American
The Hands
Another Rainy Night
Gonna Get Close To You
Bridge
Breaking The Silence
The Killing Words
Jet City Woman
Anybody Listening
Last Time In Paris
Best I Can
Eyes Of A Stranger

Encore
Synchronicity (Sung by audience conteste winner)
The Lady Wore Black
Someone Else
Empire

Queensryche were firing on all cylinders tonight. The older songs off of Rage and The Warning were a nice surprise. I was glad to finally see Gonna Get Close To You live. They sounded great and Geoff Tate is a hell of a performer and a great voice. He struggled a little at the very end of the night but his stage presence made it barely noticeable. All in all a great show....

I was at that show last night too....unless you're Josh, it was cool to meet Josh & Alex too.....

I've seen the Ryche 5 times live over the last decade or more, and they've NEVER EVER disappointed one bit! They ALWAYS kicked ass! Touring for a year or more an take its toll. Let's see some of the naysayers tour for that long & see if they never have an off-night! And also, who here can sing with better range than Tate? No?? Didn't think so! Funny how many people think he can't sing anymore; jealousy is such a bitch!

Oh yeah, and Dokken? Well, I haven't heard anything rock solid from them since "Back For The Attack"! It seems that whoever is occasionally back in the band is just going through the motions & they just can't seem to nail it like in the old days. Though I was impressed with that setlist Don did for his acoustic gig! Those are some of Dokken's best songs period!

I've lost interest in both bands. With Dokken basically down to just Don Dokken (and an occasional Mick Brown -- and him only sparingly), it' not worth it. We saw "Dokken" in Detroit a year or so ago. Only Don Dokken was left from the original band and he not only rambled between songs, but his voice was so far off that we now realize Dokken doesn't rhyme with rockin', it rhymes with crockin'.

As far as Queensryche goes, I gave up on them years ago. I used to see them every time they toured. I drove to Chicago to see them at the Aragon Ballroom. I drove to Kalamazoo to see them at the State Theater. Both experiences left me cold. They were so laid back that we just couldn't get into them. Geoff Tate has become the new Bono -- extremely full of himself, thinking all he has to do is smile, move slowly, and act super-confident and (a) no one will notice that he can't sing, and (b) everyone will be mesmerized by his every move.

Queensryche and Dokken could perform in my living room and I'd still miss the show, preferring to browse at the nearest Barnes & Noble instead.

I'm the biggest Queensryche fan ever, I've seen them a dozen+ times, and I have to say that there was a while, around Q2K & Tribe where Geoff sounded really rough live. He was missing a lot of notes and kinda faking some of the harder stuff. However, the last 4-5 times I've seen them - and I think 4 times they did OM - he's really been spot on. I know those albums front & back and I can tell when he's not bringing it, and I've been really impressed as of late. I think he might have weakened his voice with the Q2K and Tribe material because it wasn't as demanding and it maybe got out of shape. I think he's either gotten it strong again or gotten some coaching or something because he's been balls-out. And I'd tell ya otherwise!!!

DD actually, believe it or not, really did a good set. We were ragging on him before the show for the reasons you stated, but he actually did a good job. Their stuff seems to translate to acoustic really well - if you haven't heard One Live Night check it out.

I'm the biggest Queensryche fan ever, I've seen them a dozen+ times, and I have to say that there was a while, around Q2K & Tribe where Geoff sounded really rough live. He was missing a lot of notes and kinda faking some of the harder stuff. However, the last 4-5 times I've seen them - and I think 4 times they did OM - he's really been spot on. I know those albums front & back and I can tell when he's not bringing it, and I've been really impressed as of late. I think he might have weakened his voice with the Q2K and Tribe material because it wasn't as demanding and it maybe got out of shape. I think he's either gotten it strong again or gotten some coaching or something because he's been balls-out. And I'd tell ya otherwise!!!

DD actually, believe it or not, really did a good set. We were ragging on him before the show for the reasons you stated, but he actually did a good job. Their stuff seems to translate to acoustic really well - if you haven't heard One Live Night check it out.

Thanks for the tip, Jon. It was around the time of Tribe when I saw them a couple of times. The experience was so underwhelming that I haven't seen them since. I tried to see them on their OM II tour, but the gig I bought tickets for was canceled and I couldn't go to the next-closest one.

I, too, have been a Ryche fan for a long time -- in fact, since the late 1980s. I saw them perform the original OM in its entirety a couple of times on their Empires tour. Brilliant show.

I'll have to give them another try. If they tour anywhere near me this year, I'll see about going.