recovering after an operation

Carline

Sep 28, 2004
Hønefoss/Norway
I was just wondering if someone of you guys could give me some advice.
3 weeks ago I had an operation in my throat, I haven`t been able to sing or talk to much these last 3 weeks. Tried a bit yesterday, but I got very sad cause I didn`t have any control whatsoever. :cry:
So my question is how can I, the best way get my voice back? :confused:
I NEED IT...

Oh and by the way.. It`s my birthday today.. :Spin:

happy birthday from germany!!!!
oh, it must be hard for you!! i have some trouble with my throat, i can´t sing without a tickle in my throat- i always start to cough. so i am afraid to do for 2 weeks now. and i cant take vocal lessons :(
but it´s nothing compared to your prob!!!!!
i don´t now that much about it, but i think to recover, it´s the same way at every instrument.
maybe just ask a doc about it.
you should start out very slow. just do some breathing ex. or so. that´s what i do right now. i don´t sing but, breathing exersises work without coughing (i hope next week its over)
don´t push it! if you have any pain stop it!!! hope this helps in a way... and hey! don´t give up!! it will all come back to you!!!

greetings
nicco

Kohlrabihaus said:
happy birthday from germany!!!!
oh, it must be hard for you!! i have some trouble with my throat, i can´t sing without a tickle in my throat- i always start to cough. so i am afraid to do for 2 weeks now. and i cant take vocal lessons :(
but it´s nothing compared to your prob!!!!!
i don´t now that much about it, but i think to recover, it´s the same way at every instrument.
maybe just ask a doc about it.
you should start out very slow. just do some breathing ex. or so. that´s what i do right now. i don´t sing but, breathing exersises work without coughing (i hope next week its over)
don´t push it! if you have any pain stop it!!! hope this helps in a way... and hey! don´t give up!! it will all come back to you!!!

greetings
nicco

Thanx.. I`ll do that.. I gotta get my voice back before next month when we have a new gig..

Nicco.. Try herbsirup for your throat. Don`t remember what it`s called but it have helped me many times.

Happy Birthday Carline
I wish it were under better sircumstances. I unfortionatly have no advice for you in this matter, except that I would just worry about my throught healing before singing.
Take care, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Happy Birthday Carline
I wish it were under better sircumstances. I unfortionatly have no advice for you in this matter, except that I would just worry about my throught healing before singing.
Take care, Chris.

Thanx Chris..
It`s starting to get better, I got the "power" in my voice back.
But I don`t have much control yet, so it don`t sound nice. Haha.. Tried singing today, my daughter held her hands to her ears.. I guess it was awful sound.. Haha.. :tickled:

Kohlrabihaus : That herbsirups called Alpenkraft.

thanks... it´s getting better..."apfelkraft" is german, what? hehe i´ll look for it!
my vocal coach (and luckily band member) told me she had something similar and it was just based on stress! i did try to relax a bit and it was better over night! so i can head for the next lesson on friday... :)
though i´d like to try singing with grit at the moment, i should not do so. you know since i first listenend to pain of salvation´s daniel gildenlöw i was totally blown away... you all should give them your attention, especially the singers here, because that man is just great. he´s got an incredible range with great lows and great highs without sounding thin! he can sing like a girl or growl like matt barlow (ex iced earth), or he can sing like frank sinatra or elvis if he likes! he has so many voices and great feeling! plus he plays guitar doing this!

Kohlrabihaus said:
thanks... it´s getting better..."apfelkraft" is german, what? hehe i´ll look for it!
my vocal coach (and luckily band member) told me she had something similar and it was just based on stress! i did try to relax a bit and it was better over night! so i can head for the next lesson on friday... :)
though i´d like to try singing with grit at the moment, i should not do so. you know since i first listenend to pain of salvation´s daniel gildenlöw i was totally blown away... you all should give them your attention, especially the singers here, because that man is just great. he´s got an incredible range with great lows and great highs without sounding thin! he can sing like a girl or growl like matt barlow (ex iced earth), or he can sing like frank sinatra or elvis if he likes! he has so many voices and great feeling! plus he plays guitar doing this!

Yeah I guess so..
I got my voice back and it`s better than before.. It`s easier to go high and low. When I`m practicing at home I sing to anastacia, celine dion, nightwish and the sins of thy beloved.
My daughter just looked at me yesterday, she haven`t heard me sing since she held her hands to her ears. Guess what she told me, I got tears in my eyes.. Mum sing nice she said.. Haha.. She`s so cute..
I can`t say I`ve heard of daniel gildenlow, but I can`t say I remember names of all the bands or singers I`ve heard either..

so you haven´t heard pain of salvation? because i think if you had heard of them, you would remember this name. he´s the songwriter, he writes all the lyrics he does artwork and stuff... he´s a genius. one of the last in these times... two albums that maybe are good for a first listen are:
"the perfect element pt. 1" and "Be" a concept covering so many topics, theories and facts. the album gives you the link and you can dive much deeper into many things live consists of. very great just give them a try they really deserve it!!!

nicco

I`ve heard of them, but it`s many years since I gave them a listen.
Anyway when I get time I will give them a try.

You should try out Tricul. I simply love the vocal.
His voice reminds me a little about the vocal in "rock star". :Spin:

Next saturday(22.10) it`s our first gig since the operation. I`m kinda nervous, haven`t been able to practice much. Have started in new job as a combined secretery and counsler.
Anyway. I know we will do a great job at the gig, but I`ve started to get the cough back that started the whole deal about the operation and so on. I`m taking the herbsirup and hopefully it will get better until saturday. Time will show.

Carline said:
Next saturday(22.10) it`s our first gig since the operation. I`m kinda nervous, haven`t been able to practice much. Have started in new job as a combined secretery and counsler.
Anyway. I know we will do a great job at the gig, but I`ve started to get the cough back that started the whole deal about the operation and so on. I`m taking the herbsirup and hopefully it will get better until saturday. Time will show.

Good luck Carline, I wish you the best.:)

all the best for the gig. make sure that your throat is not tensed and you warm am carefully. don´t hurt yourself!
btw. are there chances to hear some of your stuff? would be cool me thinks...
best wishes!!!
nicco

Thanx guys.
Hmm.. We have 1 cd from a radioprogram we played live at, but it`s not good. The plan is to make a cd, there`s a bunch of people asking for one, but I don`t know when we get the time to do so. So you gotta wait, if your not going to visit Norway.