reversed (left/right) playing...

Nico16

Oct 10, 2001
germoney.
I just wondered if there are any left-handed bass players on this board who play "normal" (right-handed) basses? Or even vice-versa (I've heard of some people who play leftys although they're right-handed :))

(yes, I've got nothing better to do except asking stupid questions :loco: )

Well i have nothing to do too..........

I've been playing left handed for about 13 years....I've seen right hand bass being modified to a left hand bass, but it is not the same....I suggest to go and buy a real left hand bass or better , have it made for you if you have a lot of money like Steve D. :loco::tickled:...

Try to find a left hand bass can sometimes be a real pain in the ass depending on where you live cause i don't see those precious bass often.........

Mine is a Washburn xb-200 left....nothing too exceptionnal but it does the job very well..

lol :D dat must be difficult :)

My previous bass teacher once wrote this pretty difficult thing to practice on, but he wrote m and r (mid and ring finger) instead of i and m (index / middle) to play with, so I learned to play some things without my index finger there :D

Never used that technique tho...

I Am also a lefty playing a right-hand bass. When I was gonna buy my first bass, I tried several basses, both left and right-handed ones, and found that a right-hand bass felt more natural, perhaps because I had some minor guitar experience. I bought a Right-handed model, and stuck with it.

The only negative thing about playing a right-hander for me is probably right hand stamina. Speed and strength is ok, but by the end of a rehearsal, or gig, my hand is *really* tired. I don't really mind though, I think more experience will take care of that problem eventually, I've only played for like 1 and 1/2 years :)