Tell me about Freddie Nelson...(morphing into a Freddie Mercury replacement thread)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I had never heard of the guy prior to seeing a post over at PM:X (credit Surfing Alien). His Mercuryesque vocals sound amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come Queen didn't find this guy before hiring Paul Rodgers??????????????????

They didn't want to go with anyone that remotely sounded like Freddie. I am not aware of one hardcore fan that was happy with the Paul Rogers choice. I personally thought it sucked the suck out of ass. Most of the hardcores wanted Valensia.

Metal Majesty is the closest thing to Queen I have ever heard in my life.

Solo Queen covers:

Solo:

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't want to go with anyone that remotely sounded like Freddie. I am not aware of one hardcore fan that was happy with the Paul Rogers choice. I personally thought it sucked the suck out of ass. Most of the hardcores wanted Valensia.

Metal Majesty is the closest thing to Queen I have ever heard in my life]

Interesting point. I grew up listening to Queen (thanx dad) and I had the chance to see them touring with Paul Rogers in Worcester (MA). I was amazed for the most part, even thought it was like putting a bigger/smaller tire and keeping the other three on your car. Anyways, when they put the video of Freddie on the sceen I understood what was missing on that show... It is a fact you cant replace Freddie, but look what Journey did... I liked and I believe fans did to.
Valensia is outstanding, where these people hide?? lol

Anyways, thanx to your thread I discovered two amazing singers!!!!

I'm a big Paul Gilbert fanboy. I have all his solo CDs, love them all. This CD is killer, highly recommended. My only issue with it is that it's way too short. These 2 did a mini Asia tour and released 4 limited live CDs (Japan release only I believe). I picked up one of them (due to the price) at cdjapan. Also awesome. The set lists only vary slightly.

Finally! I've been pimping this cd almost every time I posted in a "best of" thread. If you dig this Gilbert cd, check out Freddie Nelson on the cd he did with Too Tall Jones "Bi-Polar"....there are a few songs on that where, again, he sounds just like Mercury. He's a perfect pairing with Paul Gilbert....hopefully, they put out another cd of original material. Excellent stuff!