The Age of Metal's interview with Glenn

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Miguel Rozo recently interviewed Glenn Harveston. Listen to this audio interview by clicking here.

302665_2256084875083_246381582_n-e1344206728994.jpg

Metal festivals in the United States can be easily counted, and unfortunately are not as big as their European counterparts. We have, The Maryland Deathfest, Rock On The Range, Rocklahoma, Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, Summer Slaughter Tour, Gigantour and Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival. Big names, old names, new names, and new styles you name it.

Some of them recently have even tried to copy the one site/big field format, but just because is an abandoned airfield close to Atlantic City,NJ that could make it looks like Wacken Open Air or Hellfest, and is not going to bring 70.000 metal heads without a good line up of bands. Let’s say that is just plain stupid.

However none of those festivals can deliver the European Festival experience that every metal head craves we could have in the United States like ProgPower USA does without the need of a big arena. Everything that the festival offers is, big names, two days of pre-gaming, and two days packed of shows, plus a big room full of exclusive merchandise, signing sessions, and the chance to hang out with the artists roaming the venue from time to time.

And all this brought to you by…Glenn Harveston a trauma nurse from Tennessee living in Georgia. Yeah, not big corporate sponsorship behind the festival, just a handful of dedicated people leaded by Glenn, and the support of hundreds of fans that spread the word about the festival during the whole year.

During its 13 years of existence ProgPower USA has been responsible for the induction to American crowds of bands like Nightwish, Kamelot, Evergrey, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Sabaton, and many more.

The Age Of Metal had the chance to speak recently with Glenn Harveston promoter of ProgPower USA about, how is ProgPower USA conceived every year, the criteria about the bands on it, and the factors that make the festival a unique music experience for metal fans in the United States.

~Jen

Good interview, but with the sound quality already so horrible, the addition of a music bed was hardly necessary! :) Still, despite the bad sound quality, the interviewer did a good job, and I enjoyed hearing Glenn's comments.

Cool interview. I thought the background music was distracting - I kept needing to rewind because I had tuned Glenn out as I sang along with Sammy.