The best live albums

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Live albums can be a hit or miss. A lot of bands I think just release them just because they think every band does it. But then there are those live albums that really capture what a live expierence sounds like. Here are my picks:

Judas Priest - Unleashed In the East. As cliche as a pick as it may be, it rules and you know it. Every song is fucking perfect and it sounds lethal.

Overkill - Wrecking Everything - Live. Overkill are one of the best live acts you'll ever see. I think this album captures the pure energy that is Overkill live.

Exodus - Another Lesson in Violence. See Overkill. Live album with Paul, and since he passed before I could ever be so lucky enough to see Exodus with their classic line-up, this did the trick for me.

S.O.D. - Live at Budokan. How can this not be on the list? S.O.D. live, and it's viscious as fuck.

The Who - Live at Leeds. Shows why The Who are one of the most fun and energetic live acts to ever take the stage.

Pantera - Offical Live: 101 Proof. Ok I biased cause it's Pantera but come on, its fucking electric as Philip would put it.

Metallica - Live Shit. This is Metallica in their prime. So much energy. Plus it's great to hear Justice songs live because their heavy as hell when played in a live setting.

What say you?

In no particular order......

Black Sabbath - Live Evil - Absolute Classic!!

Pantera - Official Live 101 Proof - No bias needed!! This is an incredible CD!!

Deep Purple - Made in Japan - Awesome cd!! They are really on top of their game on this one!!

D.R.I. - Live - Nothing fancy..No overdubs show full of mistakes just like it would be if you were there..I love it!!

Slayer - Decade of Aggression/Live Undead - Both are great!!

Eric Clapton - Rainbow Concert - Great all star lineup and this classic definitely doesn't disappoint!!

The Who - Live at the Isle of Wight - I agree with O.M. that Live at Leeds is awesome!! This cd really expands that classic tour and is insane!! But much like O.M. said about Pantera, I'm partial here because I don't think the Who have ever made a bad record live or studio!!

Sepultura - Under A Pale Grey Sky

One of the last shows with Max. Although the band did not approve of this release, it's a fucking blast. Not perfect, mistakes here and there, just like we like it. Always on heavy rotation in my iTunes :headbang:

UFO-Strangers In The Night
Scorpions-Tokyo Tapes
Strangers In The Night rules

Heaven & Hell: Live from Radio City Music Hall

Death Angel: Fall From Grace

Black Sabbath: Live Evil(I know T-man listed this but got to put it down again)

Ozzy Osbourne: Tribute