Top 10 Testament songs

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Came across some Testament songs at random whilst browsing youtube this morning so thought of this pointless thread sorry!

Here are mine in reverse order although this was very difficult cause they have way more than 10 killer tunes.

10. The Ballad
9. Into The Pit
8. Falling Fast
7. Electric Crown
6. Souls of Black
5. Practice What You Preach
4. Trial By Fire
3. Alone in the Dark
2. The New Order
1. Disciples of the watch

1). Apocalyptic City
2). Disciples of the Watch
3). Raging Waters
4). Burnt Offerings
5). Over the Wall
6). Do or Die
7). Alone in the Dark
8). The Haunting
9). Dog Faced Gods
10). Eerie Inhabitants

In no particular order (it was hard enough just narrowing it down to 10)

The Ballad
Envy Life
Sins of Omission
Low
All I Could Bleed
Burnt Offerings
Disciples of the Watch
The Persecuted Won't Forget
DNR
The Legions of the Dead

One of my favorite bands of all time. Can't just list 10 so I'll just some of my tops:

Low, True Believer, Practice what You Preach, New Order, Preacher

Came across some Testament songs at random whilst browsing youtube this morning so thought of this pointless thread sorry!

Actually I enjoy these kind of threads. I'm not a huge testament fan, I owned the 1st release and really like The Ritual but this gives me an easier way to focus on songs to check out. Surprised no ones mentioned Return to Serenity

One of my favorite bands as well. Very hard to rank my my top 10 songs, especially in any kind of order.

DNR
Over The Wall
Disciples of the Watch
C.O.T.L.O.D. (Curse of the Legions of Death)
Raging Waters
Trial By Fire
Practice What You Preach
Into The Pit
True Believer
Apocalyptic City

Disciples of the Watch, Souls of Black, DNR, Dog Faced Gods, Practice What You Preach, Over the Wall, The Haunting, and about 100 more!

During the late 90's and early 00's Testament was one of the few (American) bands flying the metal flag. Metal had become a very uncool thing and other prominent metal bands were experimenting with alternative/nu-metal (Metallica's Load, Megadeth's Risk, Slayer's Diabolous) or just plain floundering (Priest, Maiden, Dio, Anthrax). Yet , Testament released 2 of their best and heaviest album in Low and The Gathering. for this alone they deserve to tour with the Big 4.

In no particular order, except for the awesome, absolutely stunning Trail of Tears and Return to Serenity:

Alone in the Dark
Low
Disciples of the Watch
Practice what you Preach
Souls of Black
Hail Mary
The Ballad
The Legacy

During the late 90's and early 00's Testament was one of the few (American) bands flying the metal flag. Metal had become a very uncool thing and other prominent metal bands were experimenting with alternative/nu-metal (Metallica's Load, Megadeth's Risk, Slayer's Diabolous) or just plain floundering (Priest, Maiden, Dio, Anthrax). Yet , Testament released 2 of their best and heaviest album in Low and The Gathering. for this alone they deserve to tour with the Big 4.

LOW is a fucking masterpiece!!!!!

If you did not see, Testament announced details about their forthcoming album

http://testamentlegions.com/site/?p=400

I love the cover.

droe-sm.jpg

Testament are so incredibly cool that it's almost impossible to make a top 10 of their songs. But trying here:

Apocalyptic City
Burnt Offerings
Hail Mary
Dog Faced Gods
Urutsokidoji
Over The Wall
Return To Serenity
Electric Crown
Raging Waters
The Preacher

...and by the way, to add to the immense coolness of these guys, try to read this from the tour report we did on our 2008 US tour with Jon Oliva's Pain (this night was Allentown):

At some point, the concert was visited by some of the coolest guys in the whole business. As it is, Testament was playing on the same night in Allentown – less than 1 mile from where we did our show. Unfair competition, yes – but these guys stopped by at our show, after having performed themselves to pay their respect to the Mountain King. Chuck Billy and the guys actually stayed at the venue until the bitter end, which just show the magnitude of their kindness and respect for Jon Oliva. Yes, we shook their hands, and yes – our hands will never be washed again, hahaha. Testament fucking rules!

L