VERY IMPORTANT INFO FOR PROGPOWER ATTENDEES...PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The "MrLonelys" from Houston have just realized

WE HAVEN'T LOCATED ANY PACKAGE STORES!!!!!

Holy shit!! So here's a list of package stores within a two (2) mile radius of Marriott Suites (you want your own hotel - you gotta do your own search!! :p ):

Results sorted by distance from: 35 14th Street , Atlanta, GA 30309 (edit address)
miles

A & H Package Store
268 Ponce De Leon Av Ne, Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 876-8141
business profile | phonephone | map
Add to MyInfo AddressBook
Save to Outlook

Northside Drive Beer & Wine
1341 Northside Drive Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 351-0492
phonephone | map
Save to Outlook

Northside Drive Liquor Store
1341 Northside Drive Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 351-3273
phonephone | map
Save to Outlook

Frogs Cantina
931 Monroe Drive Northeast Suite A107, Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 607-9967
Save to Outlook

Peachtree Package Store
300 Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 688-5216
phonephone | map
Save to Outlook

Tower Fine Food & Grocery
300 Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 688-5216
phonephone | map
Save to Outlook

Tony's Package Store
29 Baker St Nw, Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 523-6378
Save to Outlook

Ansley Wine Merchants
1544 Piedmont Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 876-6790
Save to Outlook

Peach Package
186 Courtland Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 523-0312
phonephone | map
Save to Outlook

Sol's Liquor
186 Courtland St Ne, Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 523-0312
Save to Outlook

Shit, that was close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrLonelys
Chris
Jerry

You bring up an extremely good point here, and give me the opportunity to ask this question: any weird beer laws in GA I need to be aware of? I noticed that there is much discussion of "package stores"...are only certain stores or types of stores allowed to sell beer? What about restrictions (e.g. time of day, amount you can buy etc.)?

I did notice there are a couple of local microbreweries within a couple miles of Earthlink. I'm always on the lookout for the local brews...

Creeps said:
Since we're driving up form Florida we'll probably have most of our beer purchased before or along the way.

:hotjump:

Hah HAH! Yeah dude - me and my buddys always do the same thing - we walk into the Residence Inn with our bags and a COOLER full of brew! :headbang:

do they have those ABC drive thru liquor stores there? Had them in FL when I was a kid. I do know what you mean about weird laws...went to Denver to see Iron Maiden and I'm running through the Albertson's looking for beer.... grocery stores in CO don't sell beer..only liquor stores.

THANK YOU FOR THE POST :hotjump: :hotjump:

man, the drive through liquor stores are like a plague here in columbus... and I've never seen so many red shirts in a line before waiting for opening time... I mean, other than outside of of the horseshoe anyway. :lol:

In Georgia, beer and wine are sold almost anywhere (supermarkets, convenience stores, childcare centers*) but generally with 'blue-law' time restrictions.

Hard liquor 'by the bottle' is sold only in 'package stores,' probably named because you have to brown-bag the bottles outta there.

=-=-=-=-
* Nahhhhh. Made ya look!

Hard liquor 'by the bottle' is sold only in 'package stores,' probably named because you have to brown-bag the bottles outta there.

Hell yeah. If you buy a 40oz around here, it's gotta have a brown bag. We discovered the science behind it, man. Dem boyz in da hood know their sheeit.

1. The brown bag keeps the condensation from forming on the cold glass and slipping out of your hand.

2. The brown bag has thermal characteristics and keeps a warm breeze from blowing directly across the bottle.

3. The brown bag conceals the label of whichever brand you prefer so your group doesn't rag you for drinking what they would call crap beer.

4. The brown bag keeps the shattered bottle from cutting you if you drop it or it rolls off the dashboard as you're driving around.

These were discovered to be true for beer, malt liquor, and hard liquor. We call it the Brown Bag Theory. Its importance is on par with Ohm's Law and String Theory, yet far more consumable.

Question: How come they can make 16oz beers in those plastic bottles, yet they don't make plastic 40oz bottles?

Bryan316 said:
Hell yeah. If you buy a 40oz around here, it's gotta have a brown bag. We discovered the science behind it, man. Dem boyz in da hood know their sheeit.

1. The brown bag keeps the condensation from forming on the cold glass and slipping out of your hand.

2. The brown bag has thermal characteristics and keeps a warm breeze from blowing directly across the bottle.

3. The brown bag conceals the label of whichever brand you prefer so your group doesn't rag you for drinking what they would call crap beer.

4. The brown bag keeps the shattered bottle from cutting you if you drop it or it rolls off the dashboard as you're driving around.

These were discovered to be true for beer, malt liquor, and hard liquor. We call it the Brown Bag Theory. Its importance is on par with Ohm's Law and String Theory, yet far more consumable.

Question: How come they can make 16oz beers in those plastic bottles, yet they don't make plastic 40oz bottles?

HAHAHAHAHAH the first post I read in the morning is a winner !!! :worship:

Bad Girl Tess said:
Ladies and Gentlemen: My older brother Chris. I'm so glad I take after the GOOD parents.

You

are

a

nut

job

!

!

!

LOL.

Yeah, it's probably best you keep your parents!! I would have still raised you on metal, but you might not remember much!! :loco: :devil: :headbang:

I'm thinking the term "Package Store" must be a southern thing!! However, if my travelling budz can't find me on Sunday, I MAY need a UPS store!! :headbang:

As for beer, I don't consider that alcohol. I use that to sober up with!! :ill:

Peace
Chris :headbang: