What songs do people want to hear at PP III from their favorite bands?

powermetalmaniac

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
Sparked by the playlist thread I was just curious as to what songs people wanted to hear from what band at power prog III. There are many songs that I would like to hear from these bands. I was just curious as to what the different favorites were from person to person the songs I would like to hear are:

Blind Guardian--------------------And the story ends and sadly sings destiny
Angra-------------------------------Nova era and Heros of sand
Gamma Ray------------------------Send me a sign and Lake of tears
Edguy-------------------------------Arrows fly and Out of Control
Silent Force------------------------Gladiator and Promised land
Threshold--------------------------Light and space
Pain of salvation------------------Used

Now of course there are many other songs i'd like to hear but these are just some of the them. The bands I didnt list I'm not firmilar enough with to decide what id really like to hear.

Let's talk abot Edguy for a second: "Out of Control" would have been so much better were it not for that second verse of lyrics.."I look up to Mr Crowley, evil powers now unite"...puke. And it has the worst guitar solo of all time - did they play that with their left foot or something?

Don't get me wrong, Edguy rule, but damn, they have made a bunch of crap too. I cannot believe they are going to waste their stage time by doing Land of the Miracle. .."ooh our bodies collide and become one"....sounds like a Whitesnake reject. And don't you get annoyed by Tobias Sammet continuously ripping off Bruce Dickinson?? Not only vocally, but the fact that "The Devil and the Servant" actually contains the lyrics "Chemical Wedding" in its chorus is just plain embarrasing.

Anyway, here goes with my list (phew...just got out of the Hate Pit, it is mean in there..sorry for the abrasiveness!)....

Blind Guardian - Time Stands Still (at the Iron Hill) and Under the Ice
Angra - Unholy Wars and Heroes of Sand
Gamma Ray - The Winged Horse and Damn the Machine
Edguy - Golden Dawn and Until we Rise Again

Blind Guardain--Noldor(Dead Winter Reigns)
I think this song has the best blind guardian solo ever, plus the song itself is awesome.
Into the storm
Mirror mirror
Another Holy war
Imaginations....
Lord of the Rings
I didn't mention any new shit, because I'm pretty sure they will play all or almost all of it, which of course will be glorious

Edguy
-Arrows Fly
-The unbeliever
-Fairytale

Angra
-Nothing to say
-Make Believe (I just really like this ballad)
-Carry on
-Time

Gamma Ray
-Time to break free (even though Michael Kiske won't be there)
-Gods of Delieverance
-Winged Horse

Silent Force
-Saints and Sinners

That'd be it off the top of my head

Edguy---------Out of Control (with Hansi)

Gamma Ray--------Rebellion in Dreamland, Man on a Mission, Land of the Free, Anywhere in the Galaxy, Heal Me, Tribute to the Past, etc.........

Angra--------Nova Era, Unholy Wars, Carry On, Nothing to Say, ZITO, Streets of Tomorrow, Evil Warning, Carolina IV, Acid Rain, etc..........

Blind Guardian-----------Bright Eyes, Mordred Song, Imaginations, I'm Alive, Nightfall, Battlefield, Punishment Divine, SOulforged, And then there was SIlence, Time what is time, Journey Through the Dark, Bard SOng, Goodbye my Friend, etc.........In other ords....All their songs!!!!!!!!!! All their songs rule!!!!!!!

I wanna hear those songs from all those bands

BLIND GUARDIAN:
Lost in the Twilight Hall; Lord of the Rings; Age of False Innocence (New song); Banish from Sanctuary; and Mirror Mirror.

ANGRA:
Acid Rain; Rebirth; Judgement Day; Carry On; Make Believe; Holy Land; and Heroes of Sand

GAMMA RAY:
No World Order; Heaven or Hell; Land of the Free; Tribute to the Past; Lust for Life; and Heavy Metal Universe

PAIN OF SALVATION:
Remedy Lane; ! (Foreword); Inside; The Big Machine; In the Flesh; and Morning on Earth

DEVIN TOWNSEND:
I don't like his solo band :)

EDGUY:
Tears of Mandrake; Hallowed; Wake up the King; Walk on Fighting; Out of Control; All the Clowns; and Save us Now

THRESHOLD:
The Ravages of Time; Light and Space; Sheltering Sky; Change; and Angels

SILENT FORCE:
Live for the Day; Empire of Future; Promised Land; Infatuator; I'll be There; Fall Into Oblivion; and Saints and Sinners

READING ZERO:
Scene Unseen; and Strategy

ZERO HOUR:
The Towers of Avarice; Eyes of Denial; Stratagem; and Metamorphosis

Blind Guardian: Nightfall, Theatre of Pain, Time What is Time, Noldor, Sadly Sings Destiny, ANY OF THEIR COVERS!!!

Angra: Deep Blue, Make Believe, Nothing to Say, Carry On, Never Understand, Wuthering Heights

Gamma Ray: Pray

Pain of Salvation: !(foreward), Pilgrim, Plains of Dawn

Edguy: Land of the Miracle, Another Time, Babylon, Theater of Salvation

Reading Zero: one of their Christmas tunes :)

-matt