Why bands like this are not in PPUSA????

BassistofAlexandriA

New Metal Member
Jul 15, 2008
Why are bands like this are not on the Prog Power Lineup? I just read that of course Astral Doors will be on Next year. I'm also waiting on Vanden Plas to be on after the issues they had last year.

But to the point, Why is Sun Caged not on ProgPower USA yet? Furthermore, Who actually knows about this bands?

(This is Marcel Coenen (guitars)and Friends):worship:notworthy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ltvi3H:rofl:Qc&feature=related[/ame] (Sun Caged at Headway Fest):OMG:

Come on!!:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
They just played Bay Area Rockfest in June, you could have seen them there, although it doesn't sound like you are very close to San Francisco. There are only 10 slots (or so) per year at Progpower. So not every band that everyone wants makes it in.. We all have bands we'd like to see but don't make it into the lineup.. that's just life... But Suncaged rules!!!!!!!! (and were awesome at BARfest)

Sun Caged, imo, are more than deserving of a future PP slot. It does boggle my mind how they've been passed up thus far but it could be lack of a willing sponsor, scheduling conflicts or just that Glenn doesn't care for them.(I don't recall reading him comment on them)

Either way, I'm fairly certain that most here have at least heard of Sun Caged. I'd be very surprised and disappointed if they didn't play PP at some point.

I'm pretty sure Glenn has known about Sun Caged ever since they've been together. They were supposed to play the pre-party one year, but they had to pull out for some reason. As for why they haven't played the fest yet, I don't know, but keep in mind that there are thousands of bands in the world, and only 10-12 of them can play PPUSA every year.

I'm pretty sure Glenn has known about Sun Caged ever since they've been together. They were supposed to play the pre-party one year, but they had to pull out for some reason. As for why they haven't played the fest yet, I don't know, but keep in mind that there are thousands of bands in the world, and only 10-12 of them can play PPUSA every year.
+1. I know he has witnessed Marcel perform before:worship:

It's not that I don't think it's good, but it sounds like more of the same to me. Maybe the reason they haven't played the fest is that there's so many bands out there playing this sort of music (shrugs).

~Brian~

I think they were supposed to play the pre-party in 2004 when we did it for the first time. I think like 3 members of the band left a couple months before and Shane got Prototype instead, or something like that.

Sun Caged rules! I got to see them at barfest this year. Artemisia is one of my favorite albums right now. I would love to see them at Prog Power one year.

every year the showcase prediction threads are made and every year I say sun caged. maybe one day.