Wuthering Heights - the Shadow Cabinet

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
TSCcover.jpg

wow!

I had heard the streaming album a few weeks ago and I knew it was heavier than anything I'd heard from Wuthering Heights before - which is everything except the very first album. But to have it in my hands today and listening to it now... it's simply nothing short of amazing, soaring, bombastic, epic, thrashy, heavy folk metal. :kickass:

wow!

and then to open the booklet and see images from the ProgPower V festival... to see images used from pictures I took myself! WOW! this is just too cool for words! I am absolutely beside myself! For those who recall the look on my face when Therion finished their set at PPVI, I look pretty much the same as I type this. yeah, like a jackass eatin' briars! :tickled:

I want to thank the band yet again for an amazing piece of musical history with this latest release; thanks to Sensory Records for including the ProgPower V concert as a bonus disc with the Shadow Cabinet; and thanks to Claus of Intromental for offering the fans to be a part of the printing of the book. Thank you ALL very much!

Now come back to the U.S. and play some more music, dammit! :worship:

My copy shuld arrive next week. I downloaded and previewed before purchase and if I was a bit dissapointed compared to FFTMC regarding the folk vibe at the same time I was "shocked" (in a good way) witht he energy and heaviness of the album.

I got my pre-ordered copy on Friday - hell yes.

EDIT: it says 2007 on the package, that's odd. I thought the "official" date was some time in November this year. The only other time I've had a CD that was forward-dated was a disc that had a January official release date, but I pre-ordered and got it in late December the previous year. A difference of over a month seems like a stretch, however. Is this SOP?

The reason it has the 2007 date is because it will go into major retail distribution in North America on January 10, 2007. Until then you can only get the disc exclusively from The Laser's Edge website.

Regards,
Ken Golden
www.lasercd.com

I cracked it open this morning and played it while driving....

Ooo...me likey...totally kicks ass...great sound...great songs.

I remain very appreciative of the pre-order on this one, Ken!...You Rock!

This is really good. Though sometimes its so fast and so much is crammed into a song, I know I'll have to listen to it many times to hear it all.

Though I have to laugh. Its on Rhapsody Music Service. But their image for the album is the one with the print "Promotional Use Only." Amusing.

Ok I lied. Been listening to "Far From the Madding Crowd." Nevermind. I had expected that they would have just put up the latest album. Oh well.

God I'm loving this album. This is a band that should return to ProgPower at a future date.

Best 2007 release (US date) so far! =D