XXL Shirts European and American?

PriestMetalGods

Supersonic Hydromatic
Jan 18, 2004
Roselle, NJ
First off, I apologize if this was mentioned in another thread..I couldn't seem to find anything though. This is really a post for bigger guys you can say. I'm a 2X shirt size in terms of concert tees and longsleeves. Recently, I came across a great European metal shirt site called Metal Merchant, based in Germany. I've never used 'em before, and I was looking to put in a pretty great order with 'em as they have a ton of 2X shirts. A friend of mine mentioned to me that European sizes run smaller than American sizes, meaning that a 2X European shirt is equivalent to an American XL. Seeing as I need that extra "X" being about 6 '4 and close to 280 pounds, it would make a big difference. My question is, has anyone purchased European band tees before and is there such a huge difference in the measurements? 2X shirts in America are hard to come by, and finding great bands in this size overseas is probably even more rare..so i'm very interested. Any help would be appreciated.

Due to different European though processes on weight, I would imagine your friend is right. Very right. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their XL was our Medium.

I've ordered from them before, their Larges are exactly the same as here. Though be prepared to go through hell waiting for those shirts to arrive. From past experiences, they don't come until you have the opportunity to buy the shirt at a concert, or until you've completely lost hope.

But it is completely worth the wait, they have a kickass selection.

I've ordered from them before, their Larges are exactly the same as here. Though be prepared to go through hell waiting for those shirts to arrive. From past experiences, they don't come until you have the opportunity to buy the shirt at a concert, or until you've completely lost hope.

But it is completely worth the wait, they have a kickass selection.

I'm trying like hell to lose hope faster but it's just not happening. Truth be told, this guy takes forever.

try this store, it is owned by Jukka Nevalianien the drummer for Nightwish. I personally have ordered some shirts and things from this store. All the shirts were the right size, it took about 2 weeks to get here, and there was a $25 shipping charge as it came from Finland. All in All well worth it and excellent quality.

www.emp-online.com

For the record, I've ordered from Metal Merchant dozens of times and I find them to be quite quick in terms of mailing (considering that it's coming thousands of miles). That's just my experience, though.

As far as the XXL, I too like XXL (they wash and shrink to a nice XL for me) but it really depends on the particular shirt more than the European body type. I mean, if you get a nice quality shirt (and you can't tell when you order) you get a legit XXL. Sometimes, though, European shirts are made with a tighter neckline and that makes the XXL feel smaller, particularly when compared the the US shirt. I know what you're looking for and I'd say, overall, you can feel pretty comfortable with the Euro XXL. However, if you're completely filling the XXL here, it's going to be hit and miss with Euro shirts. Go for it, though!

Well, here's my experience. I was bidding on a Wake of Magellan shirt on ebay last week, which I didn't come close to winning by the way. Anyway, the seller was a German girl working here in the states. The shirt was a European XL, but she says they are more like our larges here. I'm assuming she knows what she was talking about. She bought the shirt at the Waken Festival back in 97.

~Brian~

i ordered a XXL shirt from Metal Merchant a couple of years ago (i believe it was a Helloween shirt) and it fits the same as any other XXL I have.

I'm 6', 250 lbs. so I like a XXL myself. Most XL will fit but they're just not broad enough most of the time.

try this store, it is owned by Jukka Nevalianien the drummer for Nightwish. I personally have ordered some shirts and things from this store. All the shirts were the right size, it took about 2 weeks to get here, and there was a $25 shipping charge as it came from Finland. All in All well worth it and excellent quality.

www.emp-online.com
The link for U.S. customers won't open for me.

Oh yes, and beware of "baseball shirts" because those fuckers could be 4XL and still fit like a kids medium. I got baseball shirts from Gamma Ray and Kill Hannah and I presume that I am NEVER going to be able to wear them. Ugh.

i ordered a XXL shirt from Metal Merchant a couple of years ago (i believe it was a Helloween shirt) and it fits the same as any other XXL I have.

I'm 6', 250 lbs. so I like a XXL myself. Most XL will fit but they're just not broad enough most of the time.

I'm slightly smaller, but prefer XXLs.

I just got several tee-shirts in from Exploding Neds, including 5 or 6 from JSR and 3 from Metal Merchants. The latter fit okay, with the exception of a Nightwish XXL (Higher Than Hope shirt), which fits a bit more like an XL. It's wearable, but I think it might be that 'neckline' thing mentioned earlier.

It took Mike (Expl. Ned) forever to get the shirts in from MM, though. He says they've been getting progressively worse lately. And as I mentioned earlier, no Old Man's Child or Therion Celebrators of Becoming t-shirts despite them being advertised. :erk: