Yes cancel US tour

See You In Hell

Is this the real McCoy?
Feb 13, 2007
five-venoms.spaces.live.com
Not sure how many others in the forum had plans to see Yes on their 40th anniversary tour but I read just today that the tour has been cancelled due to Jon Anderson's poor respiratory health.

CNN has a short write-up on it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/05/music.yes.ap/index.html

I was looking forward to seeing Yes on this tour but the main point is that Jon recovers. I saw them once before on the 90125 tour but, of course, that was a bit of a different line-up. The band line-up for this 40th anniversary tour would have been great to see.

Saw them in 2005 I think and Howe had a hard time on the faster tracks. Anderson's voice is still amazing though.

They were supposed to come up here for the Summer Festival in Quebec city but they also cancelled. Ah well...

Steve

np: Orden Ogan - Vale (Best powermetal disc of the year...)

It's a shame that they can't tour for their 40th anniversary. It boggles my mind to see when bands like this have been around that long. It's a testament to the impact they've made. Personally, I'd like to see them make another studio album. "Magnification" was a pretty strong album, and it's been seven years since it was released.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Seen them more times than I can count and they're always great! Hard to imagine, but they even upstaged Dream Theater when they opened for Yes on the Train of Thought tour. So, bummer that they're not gonna make it out for this tour...:(