The Billboard 200 chart position: #7
First-week sales: 36,954

"Led Zeppelin II"
The Billboard 200 chart position: #9
First-week sales: 33,867

"Led Zeppelin III"
The Billboard 200 chart position: #10
First-week sales: 32,177

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/le...lbums-land-in-u-s-top-10/#RjhmErKFC67KQ4a1.99

How many times does one person need to buy the same fucking albums? All these re-issues are a joke to me... Be it by Led Zep or Maiden or Ozzy...

the selling point for these re-releases is that they are 96/24. If you have equipment that can play them back properly, your confirmation bias will tell you that they sound better than the last batch you bought.

so in order words, this is a re-issue for audiophile snobs who think they're so much better because they listen to "higher quality" audio?

Actually, Led Zeppelin never made it to the CD age for me. Back in the day I had the original box set (on Cassette!) and that satisfied me for the longest time. Never did get around to rebuying it on CD, with the only one on CD is the "How The West Was Won" live set. I did recently pick up LZ IV and Physical Graffiti on MP3 from Amazon on the cheap, but that's all I got right now.

I did look into the high rez digital tracks, but at $30 an album it is way too expensive. Knock off 50% and I'll consider it.

In the early 80s, it was vinyl and cassettes. Then the box set on cd in 1990. Then BBC in 1997/8. HTWWW in 2003 and Complete LZ on iTunes. I'll probably get the new CDs once the price drops.