2008 Metal Song Of The Year

Oct 28, 2005
Vinfinity Pol O'Whalen
has three song of the year nominations so far: Meshuggah - Bleed, Hate Eternal - Bringer Of Storms, and Darkthrone - Norway In September \m/.6 minutes ago

megaman.gif
megaman.gif
megaman.gif

You?

\m/

I don't think anyone will agree, so these are just personal favorites tbh:

Keldian - The Ghost of Icarus
Royal Hunt - The First Rock (also, incidentally, my favorite RH song..)

I haven't honestly freaked out about anything else enough, and haven't bought much that came out this year, but I'd like to get the newest Zero Hour since it likely has a candidate or two. Someone else can probably help fill that one in.

I'd have to go with:

Iced Earth - Come What May

that track has stood out for me since I heard it for the 1st time

You couldn't have waited until the year ended, huh?

Well, it's only 8 weeks away, or so... Plus, others always post a few reminders we missed so far, that we can all throw in on our list before year's end top tens and such, too. Mine are just nominees, like I said...

:headbang:

Holy shit, only 8 weeks away. Man, this year is going by wicked fast.

Then again, it always does that.

Holy shit, only 8 weeks away. Man, this year is going by wicked fast.

Then again, it always does that.

And now there's 6.5, woosh! Faulty math on my behalf!

Good call on Combustion, Ozzman! Definitely killer stuff there! My top ten songs at the end of 2008 might have to include two Meshuggahs!:headbang:

I have not (yet) heard a whole lot of awesome 2008 material, so I'm gonna have to say Machinae Supremacy - Stand.

That's my least favourite song on the album, to be honest.

Same here. That song shows that he's just another doom metal singer that can't sing. It's not so striking in the heavier songs, but they shouldn't really play these ballady ones.