2011 albums

Do it.

I was under the impression that Arch/Matheos was going to be a vehicle for the more metallic side of the band's writing, while Fates was going to stay more eclectic? Now that I think about it, though, I was just assuming that without any evidence. Either way, that's how I'd prefer it to stay. Not that I don't love the heavy stuff too.
Yeah, I don't know about that. It was originally supposed to be an FW album and only turned into Arch/Matheos because Ray was busy with other stuff. So a lot of the music was already done at that point.

I'm not sure what I'd want really. Kind of want something more heavy metal since it's been so long and now they have Aresti back for the solos, but River Wide Ocean Deep was probably my favorite song from FWX. I would miss that sort of thing too.

I finally got around to getting Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa by Moonsorrow. It did not disappoint. One of the best of 2011 even though I wouldn't quite put it up there with Verisäkeet or Hävitetty.

My top 5 albums of 2011 are:

Leprous - Bilateral
-rest in no particular order-
Wolverine - Communication Lost
Airbag - All Rights Removed
Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymn
Haken - Visions

Honourable Mention:
Magenta - Chameleon

There were also two pretty decent instrumental albums released:
Visions - The Inner Road
Sleepmakeswaves - ...and so we destroyed everything

I was hesitant to put Haken on my list because the band has to occasionally take breaks from the great music to tend to their small case of Dream Theateritis, but the 90% that is good, is really good (and the other 10% isn't terrible).