Favorite Death Metal Albums

kalmah, nile, and i think i've heard a few songs from something like Sephalic Carnage. not sure about the spelling on that last one. not so much CoB. as much as i like them, they're not as DM as they could be.

I noticed no one gave Cannibal Corpse a mention. I'm not and never have been a serious death metal fan but I have all the Barnes era CD's amongst some others (Carcass, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Napalm Death and Suffocation) and I reckon they (C.C. were the coolest. Do more hardcore death fans not take them seriously or just dont rate their music? Are they not part of the genre? Remember when they were on Ace Ventura - Pet Detective? haha! that did it for me :D

Julz said:
I noticed no one gave Cannibal Corpse a mention. I'm not and never have been a serious death metal fan but I have all the Barnes era CD's amongst some others (Carcass, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Napalm Death and Suffocation) and I reckon they (C.C. were the coolest. Do more hardcore death fans not take them seriously or just dont rate their music? Are they not part of the genre? Remember when they were on Ace Ventura - Pet Detective? haha! that did it for me :D
Let's say they are like the backstreet boys of death metal :D On a more serious note. Plenty of people like them, but Cannibal Corpse are more popular among people that don't really know a whole lot about the genre.

Yep, Backstreet Boys. I don't know why Corpsegrinder doesn't stick to his more wholesome name, George Fisher. They'd be such a better influence on the kids if he was George Fisher.

Death are one of the greatest bands ever, if you like metal and don't at least like Death a little bit, you are not my friend :(

My picks:
Death - ITP, Symbolic, TSoP (I like 'em all but these are my faves)
Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine, A Predator's Portrait
In Flames - The Jester Race, Whoracle
Children Of Bodom - Hatebreeder, HCDR
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk, Prometheus (close enough to death metal, fuck it)
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Krisiun - Conquerors Of Armageddon
Skyfire - Timeless Departure, Mind Revolution
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed
Kalmah - Swampsong
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges
Misery Index - Retaliate