5 bands you would like to see live before the break up

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I did a thread like this back in the Powerfest days.....

what 5 bands would you love to see live before they break up or end. Current bands or bands who maybe dont play much. No bands that are broken up or disbanded. This would be 5 bands who you would go above and beyond to see live.

no honorable mentions to pad you list....just 5.

1. Demon - such an amazing career and so many great songs I think any set list would be fine with me. Wish I got into them sooner than later. They have a new CD coming out next week. Cant wait.

2. Riot - I think Riot would be great for this fest and just a great band to see live. With so many great songs. This is one band I need to see. I did read they are recording new stuff and still going to play shows. Hopefully one day they will hit Chicago.

3. Crystal Eyes - one of my favorite power metal bands. Generic....yes, catchy...yes. To me that is what makes power metal great. Crystal Eyes have so many great songs with sing a long chorus's that I would love to be there live to see them play one day.

4. Metal Inquisitor- a band which doesnt get enough love. Everything they have put out has been solid and some great catchy songs.

5. Witch Cross - they have been reborn thanks to every band in the world coming out of the woodwork to make some money. Witch Cross are no different. With the huge reissue on Hells Headbangers Records. With talk of a new album and they have been hitting the festival circuit in europe...this is one band I would love to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judas Priest - I don't know how I haven't seen this band yet.
Magnum - I have a feeling I'll have to go to Europe to make this happen.
Chuck Berry - He practically invented rock n' roll, and he's not getting any younger. That's on my agenda for early 2013.
Mago de Oz - For the sheer spectacle of their live show.
Praying Mantis - NWOBHM + melodic rock = my kind of band.

ANGEL WITCH (Shut up Bobby)
DEEP PURPLE
FATES WARNING (I was late to the party in becoming a fanboy)
OMEN (Which is going to change next year thanks to Odin and Thor!)
PAGAN ALTAR

This list though is always subject to change!!!!

I had a hard time coming up with five active bands that I'm dying to see. There's Running Wild, and... that's about it. There are plenty of bands that I'd like to see, such as Angel Witch, but I wouldn't feel too much regret if I never saw them. Most bands I like are either broken up or they changed their style and never play many old songs anymore. Bands like Elvenking, Dark Tranquillity...

As for me...

1. King Diamond - I had tickets for the tour several years ago, and I was really bummed when it had to be cancelled.

2. Grave Digger - I've mentioned them being one of my must-see bands for years.

3. Manowar - Don't judge me. One band I've always wanted to see, but I'm really starting doubt they will be playing in Chicago any time soon.

4. Solitude Aeturnus - Another band I've mentioned I've wanted to see over and over.

5. Angel Witch - Couldn't think of a 5th, then Jason made me realize this is one I've always wanted to see.

As for me...

1. King Diamond - I had tickets for the tour several years ago, and I was really bummed when it had to be cancelled.
3. Manowar - Don't judge me. One band I've always wanted to see, but I'm really starting doubt they will be playing in Chicago any time soon.

Both amazing live. I have seen both twice and both gigs by each were godly. Really nothing more to say. Haters can hate on Manowar all they want, but their live shows are legendary.

I have been lucky enough to see MANOWAR at two VERY small clubs (First was Jackhammers and the second was Rileys Rock House) They played both gigs like they were playing Wacken, or the like.

King too is always great. Hard to top his stage show.
It is not over the top but enough to add an amazing mood and feel that matches his tunes.

Speaking of King, Mercyful Fate almost made my list, but to say they are truly active really isn't valid.

I too would love to see Solitude Aeturnus.
Perfect fit for Ragnarokkr, IMHO.

Probably:

Edguy
Angra
Rage
Beardfish
Black Bonzo

You've never seen Edguy? That surprises me. I liked them for a while, but I feel the way their albums have been, that their setlist is probably much worse than it used to be.

As for Angra, I'm mixed in terms of seeing the current incarnation. Plus, do they even have a singer at the moment?

I'd love to see Rage and Beardfish. Still pissed about them being pulled from the Prognation tour years ago.

I am shocked at Edguy as well. They have toured so many times here. The worst part about them is that I have seen them 3 times and all three times was almost the same set list....years apart as well.

Angra is great live. Got to see them in Aurora in a very small place. Small but great crowd...they played like it was a huge arena. One of my favorite shows.

I'm fortunate that my realistic 'bucket list' has been getting smaller and smaller and smaller....there aren't more than a handful of mandatory bands for me to see anymore.

American Nightmare
Angel Witch
Danzig
Dead Congregation
WASP

I seriously hope I NEVER have to see EDGUY again.
They epitomize "going through the motions", and stale as hell setlists.
That's one band I am so done with.

Danzig live is always something to see.
Unfortunately, if you weren't around to see the original lineup, you are getting a REALLY pale comparison to what an amazing DANZIG gig can be. Last coupld times I saw him were rather lackluster.

Angra is great live. Got to see them in Aurora in a very small place. Small but great crowd...they played like it was a huge arena. One of my favorite shows.

That's what makes a band a great LIVE band.
Manowar has perfected this.
Wizard did an amazing job with this as well this year, as did Helstar last year.

Danzig live is always something to see.
Unfortunately, if you weren't around to see the original lineup, you are getting a REALLY pale comparison to what an amazing DANZIG gig can be. Last coupld times I saw him were rather lackluster.

I'm sure you're right, because when I saw him a few years ago, I was very underwhelmed.